• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK's Response to Iran: Discuss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm

Originally posted by gingerjedi
    Why doesn't blair just say sorry, get them released and then tell Iran we lied to get them back and go feck themselves? I mean it wouldn't be the first time for this government.
    I dont think its thats simple, if we give a straight apology, what happens if the still refuse to release the soldiers and turn around and call it an admission of guilt and try them for espionage.

AFAIK if they are tried and found guilty (If we admit to straying into their waters) they can be killed or endure lengthy jail terms?
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

I see what you mean so what if we end up in a worst case scenario, they are tried for espionage and executed... then what? It doesn't bare thinking about dark days ahead I'm afraid.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

What else, then, is all history, but the praise of Rome?
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

if Tony B'liar were a true leader he'd trade places with the 15 abductees. After all they're there by his command.

Comment

Bah mere posturing. They'll be released when the Iranians have extracted what they see as maximum mileage out of it.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
              Folks, please!

There's no need for all this aggression. Take a deep breath, close your eyes.
              Lie back in your chair and relax.

Think of a serene place such as a forest clearing, near a waterfall, dappled sunlight streaming through the forest canopy. Imagine butterflies flitting gently across the clearing. Feel the cooling breeze and listen to the running water, soothing, calming you.

Imagine the water, smile as you see a dragonfly glide across the surface, watch an otter slip into the stream on the far bank, look down and watch silver trout swim around the head of the poor b*st*rd you're drowning.

Do you feel better now?
              A lot better after dropping one of these on the clearing. I'm sure there was something hiding behind one of the trees, although it might have been a rabbit.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Sgt Blairs Lonely Spinning Club Band

Picture yourself
                On a boat
                In the Gulf
                With Revolutionary Gaurds
                With guns and surprise

Suddenly someone is there at the Pulpit
                Its Tony with bluster
                And mad staring eyes

Newspapers say
                Its a disgrace
                But the soldiers say
                We shouldnt
                Be there at all

Soak up the Spin
                With mouth open wide
                and youre gone

Tony and the Press spinning Lies
                Tony and the Press spinning Lies

Comment

Alf good 'un, ROFLMFAO
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                    Oddly enough the inital pretext given by Blair was that the UK commandos were intercepting ships to check that any goods which were on board had paid their Iraqi or Iranian duty - I kid you not !
                    Hahahahahhahaa...is that the politically correct way of saying the Poms were ensuring the stuff on the boat wasnt being smuggled and at the same time ensuring no explosives or weapons were on board that would end up in the hands of terrorists in iraq! BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA

If Blair really cared about the UK soldiers welfare he would broker their release by asking the US to hand over the Iranian diplomats the US kidnapped from Iraq - is that too simple a solution ?
                    You know I sometimes wonder what you have been smoking Alf

This is wrong on so many levels I dont even know where to start. Perhaps Ill start with the fact that those morons captured in Iraq WERENT in any kind of Iranian embassy. Maybe Ill start with the accusations that those morons captured in Baghdad had been aiding and arming terrorists.

Thank god you arent in Government. Apart from increased taxes you would most likely have already apologised for slavery, paid compensation to relatives of crims sent to Australia and handed back the Rugby World Cup to Pakistan in recognition of the fact that its unfair to have such a lovely trophy when them moooslums dont play it themselves.

Hoist the french made spanish surrender tissues Alf!

Mailman

Comment

Maybe Ill start with the accusations that those morons captured in Baghdad had been aiding and arming terrorists.

So you have proof of this - do indulge me.

Thank god you arent in Government. Apart from increased taxes

Well if I was in Governement there would have been no war in Iraq - therefore less taxes - warmongers like yourself increase taxation - we didnt get the booty from Iraq that the US got.

Do keep up Mailman.

Theres a good chap.
                      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 2 April 2007, 12:56.

Comment

Working...
                      X