• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No-life people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ask one of the managers at one of my gigs why he always was the last to leave and he confirmed it wasn't that he had a lot of work to do, it was that he was just crap at his job and need to extra hours to get by.

At the end of the day he was a very likable guy and he still got the job done on time.

Comment

before bonuses got paid the floor was full of permies when I got in at 8:45 and left around 5.30-6. Now permies are coming in at 9.15 and leaving at 5:30-6. So many brown noses. Don't think i could go back to working that way.

Comment

Conversely to the orginal point, what make people who come in early feel so smug? Is the quality of work performed before 8:30 so much better than than done afterward?
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I often wonder about these people. I have so much stuff and interests to do outside the office.

It reminds me of the film the Sixth Sense: you walk amongst them but are not one of them.

Wait a minute, that film is about nobody else being able to see you. Something like that :-)

Anyway, I'm always happy if on the site where I'm working there's a like-minded contractor or two (I don't mean one of those permie-contractor mutants, a real one)

It's like having a secret masonic handshake - maybe cuk needs one of those?

Comment

It's because they clocked in a stupid o'clock and there clock is running and had five cups of coffee and done feck all.

Great if they are paid by the hour, otherwise they are dumb ass tulipes.

Comment

Working...
            X