• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trains

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jh0711
    I do not travel to london much but how does it compare to all the other european captials - is transport better over there?
    I lived in Stockholm and the trains were great. The local commuter train was not bad but the intercity were superb. The underground in town was mixed but you could usually get a seat.

Dear old Blighty is bottom in the league!!

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
      I am 21 mins from London Bridge with direct trains to cannon street and charing cross. train almost always on time and only 40% full.

but then I live in a (as of yet) undiscovered gem - and I get the 5:50am in, 6:16pm out trains.
      So does your client pay you enough for an 11 hour day?
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman
        So does your client pay you enough for an 11 hour day?
        yep - see #14 - mistake in original - its more like a 9 hour day. Most of my colleagues do 11 hour days tho - contract and perm. muppets.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang
          Spot on!! Nasty service!! I am 10 mins walk form the station so it would be silly to switch to Silverlink for me. Wish I could!
          I feel sorry for you.

I used Thameslink to go all the way from Luton Airport to Croydon - over an hour on a good day!

I assume you're in Bedford if it's first stop. I guess it's not worth you taking the Bletchley Flyer - if it's still running that is.

Comment

Bedford is the starting point, but I am at the first stop.

Comment

Working...
            X