• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suggestions for elGordo’s last budget speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Well Wonderwaif, even though you were my favourite honey when I first joined, I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree.

I likes 'em.

I think the country is in an amazing position, WAY better than it was 10 years ago.

They're far from perfect like, but I think they've done a decent enough job.
    If that's your honest opinion, I have to accept that.
    I still find it strange though.
    I still am a honey, it's you that's changed.
    Boom boom boom boom
    A-haw haw haw haw
    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

"I think the country is in an amazing position, WAY better than it was 10 years ago. "

Go on list them! In what ways are we better off.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Well Wonderwaif, even though you were my favourite honey when I first joined, I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree.

I likes 'em.

I think the country is in an amazing position, WAY better than it was 10 years ago.

They're far from perfect like, but I think they've done a decent enough job.
        Really? so you like the ever rising inflation, ever rising council tax, ever rising house prices, stealth taxes on absolutely ******* everything, almost uncontrollabale immigration, a total nanny state, following america into their wars, ir35 and the country being run by a bunch of feckless dour c*nts? get over the mining purge of the 80's and open your eyes.
        Call the cops

Comment

Guys - If ten years of this government isn't enough to do it, you aren't going to change S.A.s mind. I came from an area where if a donkey was wearing a red rosette it got voted in. That still happens in many parts of the country, including Geordieland.It isn't something they even think about, it's just enough to repeat the mantra "Labour good, Tory bad".
          Boom boom boom boom
          A-haw haw haw haw
          Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
          Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwaif
            It isn't something they even think about, it's just enough to repeat the mantra "Labour good, Tory bad".
            that is sadly so true.
            Call the cops

Comment

Guys - If ten years of this government isn't enough to do it, you aren't going to change S.A.s mind. I came from an area where if a donkey was wearing a red rosette it got voted in. That still happens in many parts of the country, including Geordieland.It isn't something they even think about, it's just enough to repeat the mantra "Labour good, Tory bad".
              And this donkey. How did he get on? Any good?
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
                Really? so you like the ever rising inflation, ever rising council tax, ever rising house prices, stealth taxes on absolutely ******* everything, almost uncontrollabale immigration, a total nanny state, following america into their wars, ir35 and the country being run by a bunch of feckless dour c*nts? get over the mining purge of the 80's and open your eyes.

I haven't noticed my council tax rising (probably cause I'm so well off now thanks to the wonderful country I live in).
                House prices rising - yes I love it.
                Taxes on everything - never really noticed. and if you're taking about cars, dont have one.
                Uncontrollable immigration - the only reason we have figures of immigration now is down to Labour. We simply didn't know how many immigrants we had before.
                The war - I was behind it at the time, cant complain that it's went tits up. Also dont trust the media when it says it has anyway.
                IR35 - yes, its a good thing. We should definately be getting the richer people to start paying the taxes they should be.
                More jobs, better standard of living for all, hospital waiting lists cut, more school places, etc etc etc
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

I haven't noticed my council tax rising (probably cause I'm so well off now thanks to the wonderful country I live in).
                  House prices rising - yes I love it.
                  Taxes on everything - never really noticed. and if you're taking about cars, dont have one.
                  Uncontrollable immigration - the only reason we have figures of immigration now is down to Labour. We simply didn't know how many immigrants we had before.
                  The war - I was behind it at the time, cant complain that it's went tits up. Also dont trust the media when it says it has anyway.
                  IR35 - yes, its a good thing. We should definately be getting the richer people to start paying the taxes they should be.
                  More jobs, better standard of living for all, hospital waiting lists cut, more school places, etc etc etc
                  Do you read The Sun and watch corination st by any chance?
                  Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
                    And this donkey. How did he get on? Any good?
                    I'm sure that was hilarious SB, really.
                    Boom boom boom boom
                    A-haw haw haw haw
                    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
                    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

No, thats absolutely not true where I'm concerned.

I joke on sometimes about Tories being snotty nose tw*ts and all that (and i REALLY dont like Cameron) but I'm not a Tory hater and I'm certianly not staunch Labour either.

My life wouldn't be anything like it is now if it wasn't for good old maggie - she got my folks out of the council estate we all grew up in, and into a nice private posh area. me and my 2 bothers all have our own businesses now, and my folks are sitting in a house worth £200k. She changed our lives, completely. So I cant possibly be a Tory hater.

I just honestly see the difference in this country the last 10 years. Yes there have been major errors, and there's a fair bit of nannying going on which I hate aswel, way too many god botherers in power for my liking, ID cards and all that sh*t....but nothing is ever perfect.
                      Cameron and his bunch of lackies would do a terrible job at the minute - it's just not the right time for them to come into power. They haven't changed enough just yet.
                      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X