• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double time plus travelling, breakfast, lunch and take-away dinner. And, not that it'll be a problem for you mate, take a massive dump on double-time company money. "Double time - probably the most satisfying dump in the world"
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
      Double time plus travelling, breakfast, lunch and take-away dinner. And, not that it'll be a problem for you mate, take a massive dump on double-time company money. "Double time - probably the most satisfying dump in the world"

Trust you to mention the Double Time Dump
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne

Trust you to mention the Double Time Dump
        Why thank you.
        The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Most contracts I've had refer to a daily rate ragardless of the day. If I do do w/e work I tend to do about 2/3 of the day, from home, and charge the whole day - hey presto, time and a half.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I dont mean to sound funny, as I'm really thankful for all the responses

But, the people who think its acceptable to give up a weekend day for a bog standard daily rate...are you the same people who think it's perfectly fine to spend 4 hours a day commuting through London aswell?

I mean, do you lot just have fairly low working standards?
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

But, the people who think its acceptable to give up a weekend day for a bog standard daily rate...are you the same people who think it's perfectly fine to spend 4 hours a day commuting through London aswell?

I'd say its more about managing the relationship with your client. If you turn around at crunch time and say "well I'll help you out but it'll cost you twice as much" you are likely to piss them off as they are peceiving you to be blackmailing them. Best really to sort it out in the contract before starting. If you don't want to work the weekend then just say so; you're not being forced to do it; but I think you have a certain amount of responsibility to your own company to maintain good relationships with clients, and this includes helping them out when the tulip hits the fan.
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Charge a day in lieu..saves modifiying contracts, engaging with the agency and most clients will accept this if a half decent.

Comment

If your client was totally up sh*t creek and needed deadlines met by a certain date, which would probably mean them asking you to do a bit of weekend work.....what is an acceptable mark up for this?

Double pay?
                  Treble pay?
                  Double time, squeeze them till they squeek
                  where wuh wuh?

Comment

Working...
                  X