• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Great Global Warming Swindle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet
    that was given quite a lengthy section in the programme, and what looked liked a sound theory was presented that sun activity is the main driver towards global warming.

Incidently, Mars is getting warmer too. Must be all of those 8 wheel drive rovers on its surface
    quick google came up with this:
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...s-warming.html
    That'll be solar system warming. Time to wack a Nazi tax on NASA

Comment

Originally posted by pisces
      I fly to work in my own personal heilcopter so
      good idea - no congestion charge
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

If the cause of global warming is the sun getting hotter, are we all doomed?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          If the cause of global warming is the sun getting hotter, are we all doomed?
          Well yes but not in our lifetime but one day in many years time the sun will eat the earth or something.

Comment

The programme pretty much endorsed the views I have always held on this issue. Who'd have thought that the main driver of our climate was a ginormous ball of burning gases, and not a fleet of 4x4s in greater London?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
              In all the analysis I've heard the sun is assumed to be constant. Is this assumption correct ?

I looked at sunspot activity and it looks like it has been increasing since the beginning of the century.
              Only if you are a supporter of the Global Warming theory. Solar activity changes and our position relative to the sun also changes. The sun gets warmer and it gets hotter.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
                The programme pretty much endorsed the views I have always held on this issue. Who'd have thought that the main driver of our climate was a ginormous ball of burning gases, and not a fleet of 4x4s in greater London?
                Who'd have thought, eh? But the trouble with subscribing to such a view is that Gordon Brown cannot tax the sun, so 4x4s it is.

Comment

Me and my mates down the pub reckon that sunspot activity is directly caused by the Earth heating up. The extra heat is radiated from the earth and causes localised sunspot activity in a process known as fermets loop. This is like a Lebanese loop except its going to cost you more.

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

A scientific riposte to the &quot;Swindle&quot; program

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...#comment-27434

And one of the guys on the program complains that's his views were distorted.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                      http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...#comment-27434

And one of the guys on the program complains that's his views were distorted.
                      i saw that site before when I was looking for the mars warming articles, had a read through about half of the comments and quickly got tired, they seemed to be as bad as all the other eco warriors. The constant calls to complain to channel 4 were rather OTT IMO
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X