• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contractor question...easy?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine setup for £75 i think it was

No you would normally do your own invoicing which is a piece of piss, and draw your own salary when you want to, you accountant will advise what to take etc.

All he is really there for is to get you out of the tulip at the end of the year

Comment

Originally posted by jh0711
      what are the normal costs for company set up?

does the £60 odd quid per month include invoicing or do you invoice the agency/endclient yourself, get the money in your company account and then get your accountant to tell you how much you can draw as salary?

cheers!
      I’m not that well qualified to answer those question myself but I have asked the same on here as I am about to do the same and the overwhelming response was go ltd and get an accountant to do it all for you, I think the company set up is relatively cheap under £100 and the £60 a month covers all, have a look at the First timers section on the homepage.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
        I’m not that well qualified to answer those question myself but I have asked the same on here as I am about to do the same and the overwhelming response was go ltd and get an accountant to do it all for you, I think the company set up is relatively cheap under £100 and the £60 a month covers all, have a look at the First timers section on the homepage.
        Thanks everyone, I shall think some more before doing anything rash!

Toby

Comment

I have a local accountant, local service, for local people. Hell I have him round for tea sometimes. £600 a year. I think there was around £120 back in the beginning to get Ltd company going.

Comment

I too use a local accountant . It cost me 160 to set up the company and I pay 80 per month. This includes my personal tax as well. Just got a 1300 tax rebate which more than covered the fee.

Comment

So would people on here recommend an accountant that was local to me over one that was only reachable by phone/online? Is it worth paying a bit more for the convenience of being able to pay them a visit?
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
                Hi mate,

I had the same questions as you a few weeks back. I'm going through www.nixonwilliams.com they handle it all - inc. company setup.
                £68 per month + VAT.

Alan from Nixon Williams posts here regularly.

Good luck.
                Our charges are actually £60+VAT per month. (£67.50+VAT if we act as Company Secretary & Registered Office).

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                  I'm thinking of using Nixon Williams myself but the distance worries me as I want a table to bang if things go wrong! Umbrella's will be out off business come April so time to move.
                  We have clients all over the UK, so don't let the distance worry you, anyway I hope you will find that things do not go wrong!

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by jh0711
                    what are the normal costs for company set up?

does the £60 odd quid per month include invoicing or do you invoice the agency/endclient yourself, get the money in your company account and then get your accountant to tell you how much you can draw as salary?

cheers!
                    You should be able to get the set up (company, bank account, VAT & Revenue registration)for free, A few accountants offer this, including ourselves!

Alan

Comment

Working...
                    X