• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

9/11 Conspiracy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack
    The fire was across maybe 10 percent of the structure. The lower floors may have been weakened but it's still not plausible that a building of that size and with that much steel, concrete etc would fall neatly into it's basement at almost the same speed as free-fall unless every floor gave way symmetrically at regular intervals providing the upper floors with no resistance whatsoever.
    its perfectly plausible when you understand how weak steel and concrete is against the forces that were involved
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

This whole thread is bollocks.

Next ...
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

It does matter how heavy it is to a degree - the mass contributes to the momentum, which would go some way to supporting OracleSmith's comments about a shockwave travelling through the structure. These shockwaves would be in proportion to both the momentum and the resistance encountered.

Historically the black helicopter brigade has shown amazing levels of incompetence, but the science of building demolition is long established - I think it's feasible for such a demolition to be carried out. I'm not ruling out possible natural causes either - I'm just erring on the side of disbelief at the moment - this may or may not change the more I read about 9/11.

Balance your sources too - Yes a lot of the videos are from crackpots who spout all sorts of nonsense, and you will get footage from people with vested interests to protect. I've forced myself to watch both sides of the story with myths being setup and debunked.

Spacecadet - you may be right, I don't know. I'm not qualified to work out the precise margin or whether 15% is significant or not.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          This whole thread is bollocks.

Next ...
          excellent contribution
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

I saw a program on the construction of these buildings and the way I remember it is the floors were each resting on a ledge within the main structure (which was just a giant tube if you like) and each was only designed to hold its own weight as you would expect so as soon as one near the top collapsed (due to intense heat weakening the structure) the next floor down could not hold the weight of the one above so it was a sort of ever increasing domino effect which explains the rapid bangs people heard as each floor impacted the next.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
              The fire was across maybe 10 percent of the structure. The lower floors may have been weakened but it's still not plausible that a building of that size and with that much steel, concrete etc would fall neatly into it's basement at almost the same speed as free-fall unless every floor gave way symmetrically at regular intervals providing the upper floors with no resistance whatsoever.
              If only Fred Dibnah were still with us. He'd have known the answers.

Seriously though, it seems (according to demolition 'experts') the chances of the towers falling the way they did (neatly into their own footprints) was highly improbable. The structure of the buildings simply would not fail in such a neat and coordinated way (without help from precisely-timed explosives).

The fact that any of the structure failed at all is still mystifying. There was (apparently) not enough impact force and not enough heat from the burning jet fuel, or subsequent fires, to cause the buildings to collapse.

Slow motion footage reveals puffs of white smoke (exactly what you see in a controlled demolition) eminating from well below the collapsing floors.

I always suspect a cock-up before a conspiracy, and perhaps there are perfectly logical explanations for all the odd things that seemed to happed on 9/11.

If it was an inside job, we'll probably never know in our lifetimes.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

The guy that owned Building 7 was on the news that day saying 'The decision was made to pull building 7' but they later claimed it collapsed? 'Pull' is a construction term for blow it up, or down but you know what i mean! This takes weeks of careful preperation, you cant just blow a building up like that so if it takes a few days at the shortest to wire a building to collapse then how could thwey have done it if they had no prior knowledge?

And the guy is on record, on film saying it and is now denying it. It stinks to high heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by reformation
                  The guy that owned Building 7 was on the news that day saying 'The decision was made to pull building 7' but they later claimed it collapsed? 'Pull' is a construction term for blow it up, or down but you know what i mean! This takes weeks of careful preperation, you cant just blow a building up like that so if it takes a few days at the shortest to wire a building to collapse then how could thwey have done it if they had no prior knowledge?

And the guy is on record, on film saying it and is now denying it. It stinks to high heaven.
                  Allegedly, WTC 1 and 2 had a major maintenance overhaul including 'rewiring' in the months prior to 9/11 - but that's just crazy talk

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Reformation - I saw that too - and Rummy himself made reference to 'pulling' the building which he later explained away.

BM - it is possible that the cascading floors could have been contained by the tubular structure of the building and led to the perfect vertical drop, but unlikely, as each floor would have to give way evenly. That and the outer and inner cores seemed to disintegrate with the rest of the building.

Ah it's all speculation - even if it was a conspiracy, even if there was conclusive proof that these were controlled demolitions - it probably wouldn't change anything anyway. And no-one would believe it because they don't really want to.
                    Last edited by realityhack; 22 February 2007, 13:52.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
                      Slow motion footage reveals puffs of white smoke (exactly what you see in a controlled demolition) eminating from well below the collapsing floors.
                      Or windows blowing out with dust as the air pressure within each floor increased as the one above fell on it as explained in the programme the other night.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X