• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have a big box

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a big lunchbox
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
      My cunning plan is to turn up at the airport wearing five pairs of jeans, six shirts and carrying 10kg worth of hard drives / cabling as carry on luggage, my 3 PDAs in my heavy overcoat, and the PC in the Big Black Baggage Thing with duvet and pilows wrapped around it. Oh and the 19" widescreen TFT will be my 'laptop'...
      Don't bother. With the current regs leaving the UK you'll jst have to check most of it or dump it.

Comment

Just remembered, if you're sending a car or a motorbike on a trailer or in a van, and going through France, do remember to give the driver the keys and the papers otherwise you'll find yourself having to send the van to france again to recover a vehicle that has been impounded and then lost by the french plod, gained a few 1000 km, some unexplainable accident damage and had the tool kit and spare tire knicked.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
          Just remembered, if you're sending a car or a motorbike on a trailer or in a van, and going through France, do remember to give the driver the keys and the papers otherwise you'll find yourself having to send the van to france again to recover a vehicle that has been impounded and then lost by the french plod, gained a few 1000 km, some unexplainable accident damage and had the tool kit and spare tire knicked.
          tyre

RIP Fleety!

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope
            try www.postvan.co.uk - they do up to 500kg pallets to europe

That looks just the ticket - ta!
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
              What'S wrong with yourself, a car, and a ferry?

It wouldn't get me very far as I don't drive. I don't fancy pushing it either...

Edit - I mean the car of course, not the ferry....
              Last edited by mcquiggd; 20 February 2007, 13:50.
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                how come you don't have a laptop ?

fecks sake mcquigg :-)

Milan.

Ah laptop is already coming with me... it's my water cooled beasts that I need shipped, plus a few suits and other sundries...
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Woohoo!

Even got me hands on a pallet from work - I love it when a plan comes together...

Cheers for the advice Bob Hope...

Now all I need are some strong ties and some polythene... im sure one of you lot would know where to obtain such things ...
                  Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                  X