• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone going anywhere nice for their hols?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The usual Rome, on Thursday! Can't wait, got an aparthotel with a pool that we used to use quite often in summer. Also been 2.5 years so the museums have all got different special exhibitions to visit. Really looking forward to the Late Republic one at the Capitoline.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      The usual Rome, on Thursday! Can't wait, got an aparthotel with a pool that we used to use quite often in summer. Also been 2.5 years so the museums have all got different special exhibitions to visit. Really looking forward to the Late Republic one at the Capitoline.
      Hopefully your flight is still going and you can get back.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-b2094325.html
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Hopefully your flight is still going and you can get back.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-b2094325.html
        As long as I get there, ain't too fussed about been stuck in Rome (although be taking a couple of weeks immunosuppression stuff). Plan B in case return cancelled is to slow train it back up the Rhine visiting the old Roman outposts
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

i'm off to tenerife in november with my partner, so excited!

Comment

I am going to Nice and hope to do a tour of the biscuit factory.

Comment

Two Passport agencies depeandant, I will be taking the whole tribe to the house in Spain for Christmas
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                I am going to Nice and hope to do a tour of the biscuit factory.
                I've heard Nice is nice
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I'd really like to go back to South Africa and I may just do that this coming winter depending on circumstances with contracts etc - last time I went for a week & I'd really want to do a minimum of 3 this time.

My memories of flying into Cape Town are of beginning our descent just as dawn was breaking & as the plane banked over to the left, the spectacle of Table Mountain hove into view through the clouds. Having Chris Rea's Auberge on the old earbuds made it an even more cathartic experience but anything by the Floyd or the Straits would have had the same effect.

Can't wait to go back.
                  Last edited by Guy At Charnock Richard; 8 June 2022, 15:09. Reason: Edit: added a missing 'of'

Comment

Originally posted by Guy At Charnock Richard View Post
                    I'd really like to go back to South Africa and I may just do that this coming winter depending on circumstances with contracts etc - last time I went for a week & I'd really want to do a minimum of 3 this time.

My memories of flying into Cape Town are of beginning our descent just as dawn was breaking & as the plane banked over to the left, the spectacle of Table Mountain hove into view through the clouds. Having Chris Rea's Auberge on the old earbuds made it an even more cathartic experience but anything by the Floyd or the Straits would have had the same effect.

Can't wait to go back.
                    Can't you go now?
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

nah, - too FOGgy

Comment

Working...
                      X