• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coding Off Days!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diestl
    I used to work with a guy as anal as that, his code looked good but it took him 10x as long to write it compared to those of us who just got the thing written. His code always ran slower as he done everything by the book, not using initiative or clever coding. He managed to bring in standards but I ignored it all and was still regarded as by far the best developer.
    Lose the ego sonny or find another job.

Let me guess, you're a contractor because you're better than everybody else, is that it?

Or is it that you're socially immature and couldn't hold down a real job?

I suspect the latter.

Comment

Get kicked out of bed this morning or was the milk off when you poured it over your rice crispies?

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper
        Get kicked out of bed this morning or was the milk off when you poured it over your rice crispies?
        Nope, I just can't stand amateurs!

They give the rest of us real engineers a bad name.

Churchill - In "CEng" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          Nope, I just can't stand amateurs!

They give the rest of us real engineers a bad name.

Churchill - In "CEng" mode!

Engineers?!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Educate me Mr Real Engineer. CEng?

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper
              Educate me Mr Real Engineer. CEng?
              Look it up. Show a little initiative. I'll give you a clue (theiet.org).

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                Lose the ego sonny or find another job.

Let me guess, you're a contractor because you're better than everybody else, is that it?

Or is it that you're socially immature and couldn't hold down a real job?

I suspect the latter.
                Not quite, the place I just left wants me back to work as a contractor direct (no agent), I think I've been misunderstood here and looking back at my post I can see why, Im all for standards etc, but not to the extent of forcing the programmer to develop in a certain way. At my last place I organised many a social occasion and still see most of the guys from there regularly.
                Last edited by Diestl; 16 February 2007, 09:19.

Comment

Diestl, he isn't worth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                    How would an editor have known I meant to check for greater than rather than less than? Are there psychic editors out there now like?
                    he had no idea what u were talking about and just wanted to flirt...

html coders use < > everythere.. I think they even sleep with them

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                      Just testing.
                      As most things written these days are funky small iscolated components anyway and not small sections of a 10,000-lines-of-code program, calling it unit testing is like calling a Koala a Koala Bear.

And of course, other more hip Java style people call it black/white box testing.

HTH
                      Huh?! I must be an old fart too - I thought they were still called Koala bears.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X