• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats this VMWare stuff all about?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt
    Well VM has been around for over 30 years now and I use it quite often for running multiple zOS, VSE, TPF or zLinux guest systems. Its just the desktop crowd have now appropriated its concepts. Have a look at zVM 5.3 which has just been announced, you can run thousands of zLinux guests (I know someone who has run 20,000+ zLinux images under zVM.)
    There's also Xen for Linux - http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/srg/netos/xen/ - which runs in the same way as the VMs do on zOS, i.e. at the OS level rather than in user space.
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Vmware Training

Hello

Does anyone know of supplier or download/CBT type Media for VMWare training UK Based please...
      Similar in style to "cbt nuggets" training CD/DVD

Oh, without me taking needing a small mortgage!

Bye the way cool forum!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        What the hell is so special about this Virtual Machine stuff? Flash in the pan or going to take off?
        VMWare is on version 6. I was using it around 2001 to stop me having to have a gazillion PCs with different setups to test my stuff on. Do keep up old chap.
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
        X