• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Valentines bouquet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the history and traditions of St Valentines' day have been hi-jacked by commercial interests. Card producers and flower/chocolate sellers alike.

Historically it is a day for those not yet married or those with a secret passion which they dare not or can not openly show. It is not for people who are already married.
    It has been twisted as a day for anybody who loves somebody purely on a commercial basis and I refuse to join in.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

That is utterly grotesque.

I can only imagine the kind of slimey, needy, show-off, sickly men who would send them <pukey smilie!>
      And the kind of brainless, fake, materialistic, evil bitches who would like them <slap in face smilie!>
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
        That is utterly grotesque.

I can only imagine the kind of slimey, needy, show-off, sickly men who would send them <pukey smilie!>
        And the kind of brainless, fake, materialistic, evil bitches who would like them <slap in face smilie!>
        So sending her 10 of them was a bad move then?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          So sending her 10 of them was a bad move then?

Nope - if you're the kind of person to send them, and she's the kind of person to like them, then you're a beautiful match!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
            Dont worry sock I'll spare a thought for you when Im taking my missus from behind drinking a glass of champagne in one hand, contract in the other.

OMG

that just paints the worst kind of picture in my mind

Comment

Yes, it's all b0llocks - I try and get away with the 'listen, when you are romantic every day of the year, you don't need to make a special effort on one day'. Truth is, women spend the whole day comparing what they got/are doing with all the other women they know at work, home etc. Women are viciously competitive socially and if you don't give them anything, they feel worthless and blame you. Get nice card, 20 notes on flowers (preferably ones she likes rather than default roses, try white). M&S always works, get smile and probably she will do that special thing you like - job done.

Comment

Why is there no 'vomit' emoticon?

Valentines day is a bunch of @rse, invented by businesses, to make money out of yet more gullible saps. Like Christmas, Mothers' Day, Fathers' Day etc.

I see no point in spending £loads on flowers - cut flowers i.e. dying plants.

Humbug.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
                  Why is there no 'vomit' emoticon?

Valentines day is a bunch of @rse, invented by businesses, to make money out of yet more gullible saps. Like Christmas, Mothers' Day, Fathers' Day etc.

I see no point in spending £loads on flowers - cut flowers i.e. dying plants.

Humbug.
                  The "sex" part is always good
                  Step into my mind....mind the mess.

Comment

What is the point of sending a valentine to someone you're already having a relationship with?

FFS!

My current squeeze asked if we're going out for a meal tomorrow. I replied "Like feck, why?"

She said "It's romantic, it's valentines day!"

My retort was of course "Yes, and what does valentine's day mean?"

She said "It's where men have to be romantic!"

Oh FFS!!!

Btw, found this on Wikipedia

The Greeting Card Association estimates that approximately one billion valentines are sent each year worldwide, making the day the second largest card-sending holiday of the year behind Christmas. The association estimates that women purchase approximately 85 percent of all valentines.

Hmmmmmm, wonder what I'll be getting (to go with my cold shoulder and thick ear!!!)
                    Last edited by Churchill; 13 February 2007, 12:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                      What is the point of sending a valentimne to someone you're already having a relationship with?

FFS!

My current squeeze asked if we're going out for a meal tomorrow. I replied "Like feck, why?"

She said "It's romantic, it's valentines day!"

My retort was of course "Yes, and what does valentine's day mean?"

She said "It's where men have to be romantic!"

Oh FFS!!!

Btw, found this on Wikipedia

Hmmmmmm, wonder what I'll be getting (to go with my cold shoulder and thick ear!!!)
                      You might want to buy yourself a box of tissues.

Comment

Working...
                      X