• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! House Prices going through the roof

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes
    Question, if house prices did crash, and mortgage interest rates rise further, would anyone here be affected ?
    Milan.
    Well, yes, I suppose. I do not currently own a property, and am now about to buy in SE England with no real deposit. May only stay a couple of years so I do care what happens to prices. With current inflated prices in the area, I do care what happens to interest rates.

Comment

The biggest effect will be on economy - even though lots of people on this board might not be affected directly as they either bought houses early, or paid them off already (which implies they bought early), or just smart to rent for a while - but lots of people in this country have negative savings rate and losing houses would result in slump in consumer demand: this would hit everyone very seriously.

From this point of view I'd rather not have house pricing crash, but these things are inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
        Easy enough with one or 2 properties but if you have a few and want to cash in then how does one go about it !? You've done well on this thread, a few early bites and then dragged yourself in to the debate.
        You'll have to spend £20 to find out.

http://www.taxcafe.co.uk/property-tax-guide.html

No doubt you'd rather just cough up the tax than investigate the possibilities.

Comment

Working...
        X