• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feckin' snow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes
    expat, quite,

winter tyres are equally at home in the wet

fantastic grip

gentlemen, the fact remains, no matter how much snow the UK gets each year, you and your families would be safer in your cars in the winter months if you had a second set of wheels with winter tyres on your car, the cost is not so much as you only use them for a few months each year, but the grip and the safety are second to none, just because it is not the law does not mean it is not good for you

Milan.

Is winter tyres the official name for these kind of extra grip tyres, I mentioned winter tyres once to the worker at kwick-fit and they didn't know what I was talkign about

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
      Is winter tyres the official name for these kind of extra grip tyres, I mentioned winter tyres once to the worker at kwick-fit and they didn't know what I was talkign about
      Maybe it cos you is a foreigner.
      Call the cops

Comment

I was going to ask how winter tyres differ from 'normal' tyres but Googled it myself.

Linky for anyone interested.

http://tinyurl.com/yqrg7r

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
          Maybe it cos you is a foreigner.

that could be right - e.g. I can never order a coke !! I've been trying to order diet cocke for years, but waiters or people in the shop look so shocked that I actually asked them if I can have a diet cocke, and they all answer with 'huh??' I get fed up and ask for 'Coca Cola' then they understand.

One day I was so annoyed and my daughter was with me - I told her what's going on why does everyone looks so shocked when I order a diet cocke.. she then turned around and said, mum you are a foreigner, did you ever hear a foreign woman ordering a coke .. she repeated what I said and it sounded like ' Do you have a c0ck?? can I have a large /small C0ck please' !!

Comment

anyway - my daughter's advice is to stick to ordering a pepsi !!

Comment

that could be right - e.g. I can never order a coke !! I've been trying to order diet cocke for years, but waiters or people in the shop look so shocked that I actually asked them if I can have a diet cocke, and they all answer with 'huh??' I get fed up and ask for 'Coca Cola' then they understand.

One day I was so annoyed and my daughter was with me - I told her what's going on why does everyone looks so shocked when I order a diet cocke.. she then turned around and said, mum you are a foreigner, did you ever hear a foreign woman ordering a coke .. she repeated what I said and it sounded like ' Do you have a c0ck?? can I have a large /small C0ck please' !!
              I thought you were born in Oxford?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

' Do you have a c0ck?? can I have a small C0ck please' !!
                That's one for our resident expert, SASGURU to answer.

Comment

question is folks,

are you going to put yours and your family's safety first and invest in a
                  set of winter tyres ?

My Michelin Alpin's are fantastic.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    That's one for our resident expert, SASGURU to answer.
                    Sounds like SA or Zim to me.

Comment

anyway - my daughter's advice is to stick to ordering a pepsi !!
                      Does your daughter share your hatred of the English?
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X