• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crapita At It Again...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crapita At It Again...

So I have an urgent compliance turnaround for a Monday start. All documents provided, references received etc.

Now I get to the basic DBS check and I can't enter my address because:

We apologise for the inconvenience. Unfortunately we are unable to service your request at this time.

We expect this to be a temporary problem - Please try again in a few minutes.
    Been like that for over 24 hours now. The state of it....

Can you not do it via this link, or does it ultimately end up in the same place?

https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Can you not do it via this link, or does it ultimately end up in the same place?

https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record
      That uses GOV.UK Verify. I have to use the other link to enter the agency details

Comment

It didn't like my address - there's a comma in address line 1 which works everywhere else but not here.

Their validation's pretty cr@p. Client and server side to dish out an error like that.

Comment

Right, so I get to the final confirmation page, tick all the checkboxes and click Complete and it just realods the page. No errors, nothing.

Go and make a coffee, come back and my session's timed out and I've lost everything

Comment

Sometimes the Gods conspire against you!
            Explain the situation and ask whoever for a temp waiver to protect the Monday start

Comment

Inneresting story.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                Inneresting story.
                Not especially. Rather a highly frustrating experience when I know that I could single handedly put together a site that is much more watertight than the rubbish that Crapita and their minions have produced at God knows what cost to the tax payer.

I have a similar experience every month when I pay my council tax.
                Last edited by Great Parks; 11 March 2021, 14:20.

Comment

I seem to recall a similar problem, answer was to try different browsers and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
                    I seem to recall a similar problem, answer was to try different browsers and see what happens.
                    Isn't that just wholly unacceptable for a public facing govt website or am I being naive? FFS!

Comment

Working...
                    X