• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Capita receives a letter bomb

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oraclesmith
    They obviously neglected to mention an old speeding fine, which is technically a criminal offense.
    While speeding is a criminal offence, it does not form part of what is commonly referred to as "criminal record".

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      While speeding is a criminal offence, it does not form part of what is commonly referred to as "criminal record".
      Where the RHA does apply then disclosure is never required, if the RHA doesn't then disclosure is theoretically required unless specifically not requested.

However if you are talking in terms of a CRB check then these disclose everything down to a formal warning (at least in theory). A lot of this is spent information under the terms of the RHA.

Comment

They got the job and were at their desk a couple of years later when the firms security staff turn up and usher them off the premises! This then leads to long term unemployment (because no-one will employ an ex-offender who got fired from their last job for deception); relationship difficulties; divorce; serious alcohol and drug abuse; homelessness; anti-social behaviour; severe health problems; mental instability; street crime; attempted suicide; etc.
        'ere! You been reading my CV, police and medical records? You are an Indian outsourcer and I claim my cinque squidlies.
        Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by ASB
          Where the RHA does apply then disclosure is never required, if the RHA doesn't then disclosure is theoretically required unless specifically not requested.
          What's RHA? Surely if you get fixed penalty for speeding it can't possibly count as proper "criminal conviction".

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            What's RHA? Surely if you get fixed penalty for speeding it can't possibly count as proper "criminal conviction".
            1) Rehabilitation of offenders act.
            2) Yes. The ticket is a "conditional offer" - accepting it is the same as a guilty plea to the underlying offence. An endorsable fixed penalty ticket does NOT count as a criminal conviction - but this is not the same thing.

Note that minor matters like robbery which will soon result in a "conditional caution" do not require an acceptance of guilt. These do not become criminal convictions.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              What's RHA? ".
              Russian Homo Alert
              Last edited by DodgyAgent; 7 February 2007, 16:48.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Really Happy Alexi

Comment

While technically it is a criminal conviction, in reality fixed penalty for stuff like speeding is nothing - on UK citizenship application they even say you don't have to report it in list of criminal convictions (so long as its fixed penalty rather than given in court), in some cases (like car insurance) not telling about that fixed ticket will certainly be a big deal, but surely if you do get checked for stuff like SC then not telling about fixed penalty ticket received ages ago (when its spent - like 5 years after) won't count against you?

I think around 20% of motorists now have at least 3 points on their licenses, few more years and this will surely raise to 30-35%.

Comment

I have a theory, . Just picking your nose whilst driving could trigger this series of events !

I have amended my CV accordingly

Key Skills :

SQL 7 and greater
                    VB 6 and greater
                    MSACCESS all versions
                    ORACLE all versions
                    Nose picking, all colors and consistancies
                    including one inch living boogers

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                      but surely if you do get checked for stuff like SC then not telling about fixed penalty ticket received ages ago (when its spent - like 5 years after) won't count against you?
                      I'm sure it will. According to the application form I have here :-

"Have you ever been convicted, cautioned, summonsed or charged with any offence, or are you aware of any charges or summonses which may be brought against you? Failure to disclose such information may result in rejection.".......

"Note: by virtue of the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975, the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 do not apply to questions concerning convictions, cautions, charges, etc. You are therefore not entitled to withhold information about a previous conviction on the grounds that it is for other purposes spent under that Act."

Which means that when they do the CRB check (with Capita!) then you had better make sure it's 100% identical to what you put on the application form!

Why ask about information they can (and will) get hold of easily when they process the application? Answer - to see if you're a liar !
                      It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Working...
                      X