• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US vs UK Contracting & IT Salary Rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's good by US standards.

Comment

You will need H1B visa to work there and a US company to sponsor it.

I believe Contracting rates are a bit lower there.
      check dice.com,monster.com

Comment

Already have sponsorship. Just trying to negotiate rates.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

http://www.jobstats.com/jobstats.d/O...Resources.html
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

When Jobswerve suddenly started inundating me with job ads from the USA after Christmas, the rates were low for my line of work.

Comment

MF,

how are you going to run your empire from the US of A ?

To answer your question, I think you MF, are indeed out there.

Milan.

Comment

Low Rates

I know it differs from city to city but from what I understand the cost of living ia WAY lower then the UK so for about 60-70K $ you will live better than here.

I dont know if this holds true for NY/SF though.
                There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                  $650 a day plus expenses. Is that good, is that bad? I don't know?

It also appears that no-one on here knows either. Which surprises me!

Anyone. Anyone out there?
                  Now if you intend to do it for the experience, then $650 in the USA will go a long way and you will have a good living.

If you intend to do this to make money to bring back here, then $650 is about £330 which is not that great really.

Comment

A good rule of thumb (outside the expensive cities) is that your outgoings in dollars will be equivalent to what you would pay in pounds here e.g. rent of a flat would be $650 instead of £650. So you don't need to earn as much.
                    But if you want to save money to bring back, it's crap ....
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Anybody know what rates in Canada are like?

I'm definetly interested in upping sticks and getting out of this country in the next few years and canada seems like a good idea. (Plan B brings in a modist income that looks much better with the exchange rate as it is right now).

If you live on the southern border of Canada commuting into the USA is a feasible option and from what I can work out the cost of living is slightly cheaper in Canada.

Comment

Working...
                      X