• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best places to stay in Cornwall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyDown
    I believe ShauBhoy lives in that end of the country ! he should know...
    Well I am actually in Devon, but I do have some knowledge of Cornish Beach resorts. Padstow is nice but a bit pretentious. Woolacombe is nice but is technically North Devon rather than Cornwall. Polperro is quite quaint although I don't think the Beach is very big. You might also try Looe or Perranporth or even Tintagel (but watch out for the beardies!!).
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Devon?
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Thanks guys.

I've been to north/south Devon lots of times (inc Croyde bay etc) but for some reason haven't ventured much into Cornwall.

So fancied somewhere with a beautiful sandy bay and not too touristy (intend to go early spring).

I think I'll stay in St Ives as a base and then travel about a bit looking for hidden places off the beaten track.

Comment

Where is the joke?
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

He's back doing his SKA.

Comment

Padstow or Tintagel. Totally different but both good in their own way.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                The Lizard...
                I'd agree - a friend of my wife runs a hotel/restaurant down there.

Watch out for Giant Alien Lizards in the local pubs though. The Lizard is the invasion beach-head.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
                  I recommend St Ives lovely place and good steak, oh really really good steak. Apart from that everything else was fine..
                  http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-pi...d-st-ives.aspx

New restaurant with rooms with spectacular views over the Atlantic. Well known site now taken over by team behind the award-winning Felin Fach Griffin. Which? Good Food Guide 2007 Best Cornish Newcomer

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-pi...d-st-ives.aspx

New restaurant with rooms with spectacular views over the Atlantic. Well known site now taken over by team behind the award-winning Felin Fach Griffin. Which? Good Food Guide 2007 Best Cornish Newcomer
                    Looks nice but why are the superior rooms cheaper than standard?
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse
                      Padstow or Tintagel. Totally different but both good in their own way.
                      Yep - both those good. The Camelot hotel in Tintagel is run by an eccentric artist who's a larf and some of the rooms have a bathroom with sink, toilet and bath that have come straight from the NASA Shuttle.

You can clean your teeth, have a shower and a sh1t at the same time while still watching the TV in the room.
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X