• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crash!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    On another program I saw a few years back a woman had brought a basement flat. It had been newly done up by a "property developer" and sewage pipes were leaking into her home so she couldn't live in it.
    I'll have you know that's an Organic Water Feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      That should be an interesting insurance claim...
      Assuming they’ve got a builder with insurance cover for this.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Assuming they’ve got a builder with insurance cover for this.
        Imagine the endless legal fun if there were multiple contractors on-site (which isn't uncommon in such developments). Then there is the surveyor, the architect etc. They'll all have their own insurers who will be fighting like mad dogs to make sure they're not liable, and to make sure they can void the policy in some way if they are liable.

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Imagine the endless legal fun if there were multiple contractors on-site (which isn't uncommon in such developments). Then there is the surveyor, the architect etc. They'll all have their own insurers who will be fighting like mad dogs to make sure they're not liable, and to make sure they can void the policy in some way if they are liable.

Each of the individual contractors probably did their job, but someone decided to knit it all together with Suity's BPM tool.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            On another program I saw a few years back a woman had brought a basement flat. It had been newly done up by a "property developer" and sewage pipes were leaking into her home so she couldn't live in it.
            I think this is rather common. I have visited someone in an expensive basement flat and it was bubbling up in the kitchen sink.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
            X