• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi
    Really? I was in a petrol nissan taxi that had 480,000 miles on the clock last summer!

They're still dull and noisy but I'm sure you're going to tell me different...
    Not at all mate, whatever floats your boat.

When you've 9 points on your licence you tend to stick to the speed limit and it doesn't matter what you drive.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by theemeestroo
      Are you on crack? They are all on variable thses days and diesels average around 18K per service as opposed to petrols which average around 13K
      Uh, feck me! So things have changed and I apologise if I got it wrong but that doesn’t make me a ******* junky

Still dull... and petrol’s now cheaper!
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Uh, feck me! So things have changed and I apologise if I got it wrong but that doesn’t make me a ******* junky

For the same mileage?

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
          VW Golf Match. The iPod connection is pretty cool. Although its not as easy to use as it should be. Only plays playlists really. Doesnt give you the name of the songs on the CD Player.
          Ouch! VW are pretty expensive to maintain. I've got a used one and there is always something going wrong with it. Does it have the fancy electronic hand-brake...the one that sometimes doesn't let go!

They do drive nice though..which is the only reason I have kept it.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Fair dos. But diesels are far from dull.
            170BHP diesel golf will feel quicker then the twin turbo 1.4. So much more torque and you don't have to rag it to go fast.
            Sounds like a tractor mind you!!

Originally posted by zeitghost
            And change the engine oil more often... 18k.

Ridiculous.
            Why ridiculous. My last 2 VAG diesels were around 19K

Comment

Torque is good 50-60mph , but what about llllllllllllllllllllllllllag?

All diesels I have ever driven don't pull like a petrol 0-30
              I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner

I know what you mean. Athough most new diesels get most of their torque from around 2000rpm so the turbo lag isn't as bad as it used to be. I just like the surge you get when the turbo kicks in.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                  For the same mileage?
                  The new FSI engines are actually quite economical and are closer to diesel mpg's than you might think and considering the petrol prices are now a bit cheaper the choice isn't so clear cut.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner

My 6 Cylinder 2.5L picks up nicely.
                    (with 200BHP, it should...)

I do like the Tiptronic box too.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                      My 6 Cylinder 2.5L picks up nicely.
                      (with 200BHP, it should...)

I do like the Tiptronic box too.
                      what car you got?
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...