• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xenophon
    Congrats! What did you get?
    VW Golf Match. The iPod connection is pretty cool. Although its not as easy to use as it should be. Only plays playlists really. Doesnt give you the name of the songs on the CD Player.

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
      well done, and now it has 100 miles on the clock, its worth 2/3 of what is was when you picked it up. But then again it is rather nice picking up a new car, I did this with the Jag, but again you loose lots of money on it in the first few months, but if you intend to keep it for years does it matter??
      Yes, it does matter! When the car is three years old it will still have done as many miles as if you had bought a year old one and driven it for two years. I really don't see the sense in buying a brand new car. Don't get me wrong, I could have bought new last time but it just seemed like wasted money to me.

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
        VW Golf Match. The iPod connection is pretty cool. Although its not as easy to use as it should be. Only plays playlists really. Doesnt give you the name of the songs on the CD Player.
        I got a one year old Golf TDi a couple of years ago, would not have touched a petrol one. Seems like you are good at making bad decisions regarding cars

Comment

It may be an overpriced bad car, but it has an iPod connection, so can't all be bad eh?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            It may be an overpriced bad car, but it has an iPod connection, so can't all be bad eh?
            Yeah it has something to plug your unreliable, poorly built Mp3 player into
            I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

Oh yeah did i forget to mention that a family member works for them and i got an exclusive 20% discount on the retail price.

Comment

Oh yeah did i forget to mention that a family member works for them and i got an exclusive 20% discount on the retail price.

Aha, that makes it a bit better value then!

Still should have gone for the diesel though

Comment

Originally posted by chubba
                  Aha, that makes it a bit better value then!

Still should have gone for the diesel though
                  How much are they going for retail price? I got mine brand new from the factory for about £12k

Comment

No i went for 1.6 FSI Petrol Engine.

Everyone keeps telling me i should have gone for the diesel?
                    As they said on top gear

"1.6 has "entry level" written all over it"
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
                      As they said on top gear

"1.6 has "entry level" written all over it"

Well it is my first proper car. Id say the 1.4 would be 'entry level'

Comment

Working...
                      X