• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I stand with the French on this!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stand with the French on this!

Topless sunbathing defended by French interior minister - BBC News

Not sure how anyone can Be against topless sunbathing, but well done France.

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Topless sunbathing defended by French interior minister - BBC News

Not sure how anyone can Be against topless sunbathing, but well done France.
    Reading the French news about this there was a full scale argument going on with a 'well covered family and children' and the police ordered the cover up to quell the argument. It probably stopped a riot.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Reading the French news about this there was a full scale argument going on with a 'well covered family and children' and the police ordered the cover up to quell the argument. It probably stopped a riot.
      Were the well covered family British tourists on holiday?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

So it’s not just a prudish reaction but a religious opinion? I’m guessing that’s what you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          So it’s not just a prudish reaction but a religious opinion? I’m guessing that’s what you mean?
          No comment.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

MF has taken his top off in solidarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              MF has taken his top off in solidarity.

Good luck getting that bastard back in the sea!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Good luck getting that bastard back in the sea!
                It's the major risk event for rising sea levels.

Comment

Police should have asked the family to leave.

Don't want to see topless women in France? Don't go to a public beach.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
                    Police should have asked the family to leave.

Don't want to see topless women in France? Don't go to a public beach.
                    Bournemouth passed a bylaw back in the 1970s specifically allowing topless bathing on the beach.

Edit: I am quite sure that Southern Cyprus has a similar law, I vaguely remember the Orthodox Church not objecting.
                    Last edited by Paddy; 26 August 2020, 19:31.

Comment

Working...
                    X