• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office face time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are going into the office tomorrow for the first time since March. It's a design meeting.

I expect we will now continue on a twice a month basis or something like that.

I'm near to signing-up on a second contract which will be 100% wfh.

Really can't be bothered with offices any more but I have ended up working even harder at home, to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      I take a 1 hour walk on the beach every morning. Lovely. Not sure what I'm going to do when winter hits.
      Get a dog then you have to go out even when its howling a gale.

I tried a sad light thing for winter months, not sure if helped me or not.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Get a dog then you have to go out even when its howling a gale.

I tried a sad light thing for winter months, not sure if helped me or not.
        I have an artificial dawn SAD light. Same, I'm not sure whether it helps. I'll probably start work a bit earlier and take an hour for a lunchtime walk. I don't mind a bit of rain as long as it's not pouring.

I wouldn't mind a dog but we have a cat and and the house layout isn't really right for both. Will probably move ina couple of years and get a dog as well.

Comment

I take a 1 hour walk on the beach every morning. Lovely. Not sure what I'm going to do when winter hits.
          If you were commuting you'd get off your backside and trudge through the rain to the train station, helipad, whatever. You just have to keep the habit up and dress appropriately for the weather.

(says she who doesn't bother going outside even if it is nice weather because she's too lazy)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            If you were commuting you'd get off your backside and trudge through the rain to the train station, helipad, whatever. You just have to keep the habit up and dress appropriately for the weather.

(says she who doesn't bother going outside even if it is nice weather because she's too lazy)
            I would drive to the train station. It's more that sunrise isn't until 8:30 in December. Going for a walk on the beach in the dark in the rain isn't much fun, and there's no proper pavement to access the beach and it's a pretty hairy 200 metres on the road around a bend at the best of times.

Comment

I would drive to the train station. It's more that sunrise isn't until 8:30 in December. Going for a walk on the beach in the dark in the rain isn't much fun, and there's no proper pavement to access the beach and it's a pretty hairy 200 metres on the road around a bend at the best of times.
              Get one of those miners head torches, where's your sense of adventure

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Get one of those miners head torches, where's your sense of adventure
                Or I could go for a walk at lunchtime.

Comment

working from office is so last century
                  working from home should be norm unless you really have to

Comment

Or I could go for a walk at lunchtime.
                    Thanks not how you spell wank

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      Thanks not how you spell wank