• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCs service to the CUK community - I'm testing Spain to see if its safe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the compliance level with those quarantines?

Find it hard to believe it is very high - should be really in designated hotels, massive penalties for even thinking to break it

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      Quarantine covering the entire country seems a bit OTT to me. Especially including the Canary Islands which are several hundred miles from mainland Spain.

According to someone on another forum, who lives in Spain, the outbreaks are not even in tourist areas.
      The canaries and balerics are exempt.

The outbreak seems to be mainly Murcia and Catalonia but it's difficult to prove where someone has been so a blunt tool it has to be.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        What is the compliance level with those quarantines?

Find it hard to believe it is very high - should be really in designated hotels, massive penalties for even thinking to break it
        I don't know what compliance levels are like but enforcement is pitiful.

Comment

Sure about that?

The Spanish government is focused on convincing Britain to exclude the Balearic and Canary islands from a 14-day quarantine it abruptly imposed on all travellers returning from Spain, Foreign Minister Arancha Gonzalez Laya said on Sunday.
          Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          The canaries and balerics are exempt.

The outbreak seems to be mainly Murcia and Catalonia but it's difficult to prove where someone has been so a blunt tool it has to be.
          Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

She wants to believe...

Comment

Buy British - go on excursion holiday with Gricer - free “backup” CUK account with every order!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Sure about that?

The Spanish government is focused on convincing Britain to exclude the Balearic and Canary islands from a 14-day quarantine it abruptly imposed on all travellers returning from Spain, Foreign Minister Arancha Gonzalez Laya said on Sunday.

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                Yes, very sure.

Spain travel advice - GOV.UK

From 26 July, the FCO advises against all non-essential travel to mainland Spain based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks. Only the Canary Islands (Tenerife, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, La Palma, La Gomera, El Hierro and La Graciosa) and Balearic Islands (Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza, and Formentera) are exempt from the FCO advice against all non-essential international travel.

Comment

Quarantine rule is surely different from advice whether to travel in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Quarantine rule is surely different from advice whether to travel in the first place
                    Oh yes. I missed that. I had stupidly assumed the guidance was consistent across the two and didn't read two paragraphs down.

I'm off to Seville anyway. Rate per 100k people is 11, lower than the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Oh yes. I missed that. I had stupidly assumed the guidance was consistent across the two and didn't read two paragraphs down.

I'm off to Seville anyway. Rate per 100k people is 11, lower than the UK.
                      You have never heard of the Seville Calculator?

Comment

Working...
                      X