• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus: Follow virus advice or 'tougher measures' likely, says PM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Also the S. Korea example is informative, but they had very sophisticated techniques to stop spread, this has CFRS:

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S...150-8/fulltext
    Looks interesting, thanks.

Comment

But actually an overall IFR or CFR is less important than an age stratified one. Basically under 50, death rates are similar to normal flu. Above 50 they're most certainly not.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Looks interesting, thanks.
        On that paper I think the low R number in Korea is biased (low) because of their very sophisticated tracking and warning techniques.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I am surprised the police cannot disperse crowds.

One imagines all the people went out expecting it to be quiet. The thing is you CAN have a heck of a lot of people outside maintaining 2m distance (over 1000 can fit in a football pitch!) but you inevitably get pinch points as they enter and exit.
          A looped walk could be very busy if you could stop people bunching in the car-parks.

Best is just find your nearest footpath, not some national beauty spot.
          I live in Richmond and was actually in Bushy Park on Saturday, which was then featured on the national news as a bad example. As you said, the exits were pinch points and that's where they chose to film. Even then, people were keeping a pretty good distance, but when filmed from a distance it looks like everyone is bunched up. Once inside, there was a decent amount of space. I don't know about the parking lots or kiosks as we didn't go anywhere near.

Also as you said, the next day we choose a route that runs alongside the sewage treatment plant and there were considerably fewer people.

Comment

In Leeds:

For the last 4 years Johnson, Gove and Raab have been telling the British people that;

1. They shouldn't listen to experts
            2. They should not follow the example of other countries
            3. They are special

So why are they surprised when the British people;

1. Ignore experts
            2. Don't follow the example of other countries
            3. Think they are special
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Always amazed at the number of blokes that walk out of the public loo without washing their hands. Filthy buggers.

Was at services along the M4 a few months back, practically had the sinks to myself.
              I'm surprised always at the number of women who do this especially with primary aged children....
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I'm surprised always at the number of women who do this especially with primary aged children....
                Theoretically men, and probably women, should wash their hands after entering the toilets. You've just opened a door which has been touched by a multitude of people and then you're going to touch sensitive private parts....
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                X