• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why hasn’t London locked down?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    No point looking at it by a Hospital Trust by Trust basis.

Certain Hospital Trusts do not have the staff and beds to look after people in their local community at all or if too many fall ill.
    Agreed.

There is many disparities in care dependant on where you live.
    A number of my partners family work/have worked for the NHS and have attested to just this.

Unfortunately we lost one of them early due to the healthcare lottery late last year .

Personally we are lucky, our local NHS service is excellent.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Coronavirus: Exercise out of the home 'could be banned' if people flout rules - BBC News

This makes me really mad. What seriously made people think it was ok to go out to a public park and fecking SUNBATHE!

It is these people who give the rest of the country the impression that Londoners are all a bunch of self absorbed twats.

I don't want these people to catch the virus because that would bring unnecessary workload on already stretched resources. I do want them to be heavily fined and get a criminal record. Civil disobedience is a thing isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Coronavirus: Exercise out of the home 'could be banned' if people flout rules - BBC News

This makes me really mad. What seriously made people think it was ok to go out to a public park and fecking SUNBATHE!

It is these people who give the rest of the country the impression that Londoners are all a bunch of self absorbed twats.

I don't want these people to catch the virus because that would bring unnecessary workload on already stretched resources. I do want them to be heavily fined and get a criminal record. Civil disobedience is a thing isn't it?
        It's just Matt Hancock on a power trip
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Oh the threats about banning outdoor exercise, yes probably. But the congregation of people where they shouldn't is happening and shouldn't be.

Comment

Oh the threats about banning outdoor exercise, yes probably. But the congregation of people where they shouldn't is happening and shouldn't be.
            Thing is, you see the self entitled twats commenting on Twatter why they should be allowed to do it, citing not doing any harm, we need our vitamin D, we have no garden, there's plenty of space, it's good for our mental health etc.

Fecking 100s on there

It pisses me right off, I love to be outside this time of year, preferably camped out by a beautiful lake with Mrs MM fishing.

These guys are going to ensure that I'm not going to be able to do this for longer, selfish chunts
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Thing is, you see the self entitled twats commenting on Twatter why they should be allowed to do it, citing not doing any harm, we need our vitamin D, we have no garden, there's plenty of space, it's good for our mental health etc.

Fecking 100s on there

It pisses me right off, I love to be outside this time of year, preferably camped out by a beautiful lake with Mrs MM fishing.

These guys are going to ensure that I'm not going to be able to do this for longer, selfish chunts
              Spelling Ffs

It’s “fisting”

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Parks and suchlike are open here and picnicking and sunbathing are allowed but only if people follow the rules. I've seen some pictures of local parks and people are doing just that. Personally, I've been sitting on my balcony with ice cold beer but have to go in as I'm starting to look like a Lobster...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The minority don't seem to want to behave sensibly.

The park is open, probably for the for intention that people can use it to exercise and walk their dogs. Others see it as their right to enter and do what they want to do irrespective of whether it's on the allowed list of reasons to be outside. Then more people see there's people in the park and think "hey, why am I being a chump and not going to the park when those lot are using it for a picnic with their mates", and then they go to the park and do whatever.

It then gets out of hand and the majority people who don't ignore the lockdown lose out.

Comment

The minority don't seem to want to behave sensibly.

The park is open, probably for the for intention that people can use it to exercise and walk their dogs. Others see it as their right to enter and do what they want to do irrespective of whether it's on the allowed list of reasons to be outside. Then more people see there's people in the park and think "hey, why am I being a chump and not going to the park when those lot are using it for a picnic with their mates", and then they go to the park and do whatever.

It then gets out of hand and the majority people who don't ignore the lockdown lose out.
                    Does seem to be largely a London problem... It’s fine up here in the North...

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                      Does seem to be largely a London problem... It’s fine up here in the North...
                      A minority of Londoners but still enough to piss everyone else off when the screws tighten on the lockdown

Comment

Working...
                      X