• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best place you've ever worked ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll
    As an Englishman I struggle with understanding the Glasgow dialect...
    As someone who was born 25 miles from Glasgow and went to school 11 miles from it, so do I.

Comment

Groningen, Holland, very relaxed working atmosphere and don't quite friendly. Unlike on most UK sites where contractors are looked upon as overpaid idiots.
      Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life

Comment

I had a couple of Lock Ins in at one of the Pubs in Shildon while working in Darlington. It's fair to say that the guy on the piano stop playing the first time we cam through the door, but by the end of the first night we had the Landlord giving us his 'cocktails' free and offering hooky DVDs for nought. Very hospitable folk.

Comment

Madrid - the only city in the summer where you the streets are packed at 3am on a Wednesday morning

Comment

"Sophia Antipolis"

Comment

ING HR-IT London ahhh those were the days lots of attractive HR ladies, rollin at 10:30am rollout at 4pm. A weeks off-site every-year in Amsterdam that involved work activities till lunch then do what you want during the afternoon.

Comment

Melbourne in Oz for a 9 month gig.

Comment

While contracting - Nottingham
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                    "Sophia Antipolis"
                    Worked there too
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

"sophia antipolis"

Originally posted by Cliphead
                      Worked there too
                      ditto

Comment

Working...