• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Currently Listening To.........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stranglers - Golden Brown
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      No Limit - 2 Unlimited

released January 1993 and was Europe's top seller that year

threaded in "knowing too much about the Dutch music scene" mode
      My mate claims he saw Ray out of 2 Unlimited come into a coffee shop in Amsterdam to get some weed. But then he had been on the at the time

Comment

Sci-Clone - Melt

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          Ex-bf found them on that information superhighway thingy - single track sounded good so bought more. They come from Phoenix, Arizona but are heavily influenced by mexican music (mariachi etc.). Anyway, wonderful fusion. Seen them three times and am in love with lead guitarist Joey (who looks like a NASA engineer). What can I say - I'm a geek.
          Would love to see them (Calexico) live - didn't get round to organising a trip to the Big Chill the other weekend. I particularly like Feast of Wire - a wonderful and varied collection, and it kicks off with a waltz!

I first heard of them while tracking down the soundtrack to one of the Nike "Impossible Is Nothing" adverts a few years back.
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            Would love to see them (Calexico) live - didn't get round to organising a trip to the Big Chill the other weekend. I particularly like Feast of Wire - a wonderful and varied collection, and it kicks off with a waltz!

I first heard of them while tracking down the soundtrack to one of the Nike "Impossible Is Nothing" adverts a few years back.
            Sunken Waltz - I've played it about five times on here . Sad song (I think he kills himself at the end of it?)
            Seen them twice in London but would be really cool (and expensive) to go to SXSW. They play in London every year ish.

What's your position on Hootie and the Blowfish?
            +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Leftfield - "Leftism" [spotify]

Comment

Sunken Waltz - I've played it about five times on here . Sad song (I think he kills himself at the end of it?)
                Seen them twice in London but would be really cool (and expensive) to go to SXSW. They play in London every year ish.
                Just after I first heard about them they were due to play a gig at the Irish Centre in Brum - a really small, intimate venue. Alas the gig was just a couple of days after the birth of our third kid, so I thought I should probably prioritise in favour of fulfilling my fatherly duties! Would've been a great gig that though.

My niece's boyfriend is in a band and they were invited out to SXSW this year. Sounds brilliant - would love to go some day.

What's your position on Hootie and the Blowfish?
                Good stuff, along with Counting Crows and such like. Toad The Wet Sprocket were another good band from that era, but never seemed to get much play over here. Their "Dulcinea" album is worth checking out if you're not familiar with them.

Comment

King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King
                  The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Hootie - Hold my Hand
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - The Endless Enigma Part One
                      The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Working...
                      X