• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Currently Listening To.........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCL View Post
    Yeah, just my cup of tea. Very minimalist compared to the like of Global Comm. More like Brian Eno.
    Cheers, I'll definitely check that out. I have some Biosphere around somewhere as well, but I can't remember what it was like!
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Cheers, I'll definitely check that out. I have some Biosphere around somewhere as well, but I can't remember what it was like!
      HIA are quite like Biosphere sound-wise. In fact "Polar Sequences" and "Birmingham Frequencies" are cross-collaborations between them both. I read somewhere that sections of PS were recorded by dropping microphones deep into a glacier and listening to it shift around - its very very ambient indeed.

I would also recommend Steve Roach if you're into minimalist ambient. Particularly "Darkest Before Dawn". Just one track, over an hour long but just about the deepest ambient you'll hear.

There's a few others I'm keen to check out. I was listening to SomaFM last night and heard Suspended Angel, which was really good so am going to see if I can track something down from them.

"Keep them at 24,000"
      "No, feet"

Comment

Sine ~ JUST LET ME DO MY THING (1977)

...the 12" version...

Comment

Is that the easy allstars version?

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Time...

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

staying out for the summer - dodgy

Comment

dark city - maniax

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

"Sing for you" - Tracey Chapman
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

HIA are quite like Biosphere sound-wise. In fact "Polar Sequences" and "Birmingham Frequencies" are cross-collaborations between them both. I read somewhere that sections of PS were recorded by dropping microphones deep into a glacier and listening to it shift around - its very very ambient indeed.
                  Yeah, I caught the reference to Biosphere on Amazon - must give them another listen.

I would also recommend Steve Roach if you're into minimalist ambient. Particularly "Darkest Before Dawn". Just one track, over an hour long but just about the deepest ambient you'll hear.
                  Cheers for that - sounds like great coding music.

There's a few others I'm keen to check out. I was listening to SomaFM last night and heard Suspended Angel, which was really good so am going to see if I can track something down from them.
                  I'll add that to the list as well!

I've found quite a few good ambient stations via our Wifi radio recently (which uses the Reciva database) - looks like SomaFM is on there too.
                  Last edited by voodooflux; 14 January 2009, 21:40.
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Little Boots....
                    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post

I'll add that to the list as well!
                      Just to update (and I know this isn't really a discussion thread) - a spot of Googling last night revealed the group are called "Deep Chill Network" and the track was "Suspended Angel" from their CD "Cyber Sleep 5". Found a site that was selling it (DarkDuck.net) , so its winging its way across the pond as we speak, I'll let you know what its like. DarkDuck also sells a great deal of other ambient stuff so I may order a few more from them depending on how this first order goes.

"Keep them at 24,000"
                      "No, feet"

Comment

Working...
                      X