• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Experience of divorce?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
    The courts still give more capital if there are kids. around 65%-85%. And the court will give more spousal maintenance! Child maintenance can be dealt with by court if man is stupid enough to agree - woman can still get full wack from CSA on top!

I gave 65% capital to my ex as she said she wanted to look after the kids. Leaving me enough for a 1 bed flat. Then she decided she wanted to work - so I now have the kids 4 days per week. I now paid my ex 66%(I can't get any back) and I give her spousal maintenance, I pay a mortgague so I have a 3 bed place and I pay my girlfriend to lookj after the kids. My ex lives in luxury while I struggle.

But at least I see the kids. I would pay any amount of money for that. But why does the money always follow the woman? why not the kids?
    that is very harsh on you man, considering you have the kids I am quite suprised the courts allowed you to pay so much. you need to bump her off

I know what you mean that at least u are seeing the kids cos thats an important part that keeps you sain.

I am going via divorce at the mo as well and my daugthter stays with me twice a week. Luckily i paid ex 65% of equity on the property to move out which i guess was a good deal considering sI could have lost the whole house.

Now the problem is working out maintenance and I am definately not letting have her way cos what she wants is not fair considering she gets tax credit as well !. I told her I am only prepared to meet 60% of our daughter's costs considering she stays with me two days a week.

Divorce law accross the world suck's cos it favour women too much

JUSTICE FOR FATHERS !

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99
      that is very harsh on you man, considering you have the kids I am quite suprised the courts allowed you to pay so much. you need to bump her off

I know what you mean that at least u are seeing the kids cos thats an important part that keeps you sain.

I am going via divorce at the mo as well and my daugthter stays with me twice a week. Luckily i paid ex 65% of equity on the property to move out which i guess was a good deal considering sI could have lost the whole house.

Now the problem is working out maintenance and I am definately not letting have her way cos what she wants is not fair considering she gets tax credit as well !. I told her I am only prepared to meet 60% of our daughter's costs considering she stays with me two days a week.

Divorce law accross the world suck's cos it favour women too much

JUSTICE FOR FATHERS !
      What counts is overnight stays - how many nights does your daughter stay? under CSA rules you need min 2 to get a reduction - and if you get 3 nights you can ask for half child benefit if there are 2 children.

rather than justice 4 Fathers I think you man Fathers 4 Justice?

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
        What counts is overnight stays - how many nights does your daughter stay? under CSA rules you need min 2 to get a reduction - and if you get 3 nights you can ask for half child benefit if there are 2 children.

rather than justice 4 Fathers I think you man Fathers 4 Justice?

She stays 2 nights a week and i believe I get that mostly bcos the ex wants to enjoy her life with her new man. I forgot to mentio that she is a lawyer herself.

tulip i must remember to sort my will out as will as well !

It breaks my heart every time i see my girl cos i miss her so much. The ex on the other hand will be doing me a good favour if she chocked to death over a KFC.

The reallity is while I accept the divorce, I will forever hate & despise her for taking my daughter away from me, that I just simply know.

i decided not to try to fighty for residense/split residence cos we know who the bloody caught favour! > They will not take into consideration that i have done at least 60% of everything relating my daughter since she was born(time with her, food, nursery, GP, sleepless nights....) while the bitch Ex has not adjusted to the fact that she now has a kid and that drunken days should be a thing of the past!

All talk in early posts about abuse..... has got me very worried and disturbed about my kid's safety round her new man. I am going to have a word with her on this which I know she will not take well but i dont really care what she thinks as long as my daughter is safe. I think she plans to move in with him in about 5 month's time.

you are right andrew, people please no more talk about abuse...., its a very scary thought

css_jay99

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
          Someone I know is convinced that her man is cheating - she's seen a diary and he is giving the obvious signals such as secrecy on emails/phones and out working late etc. In all fairness their marriage broke down months ago anyway.

Would she need to prove adultery and would this gain her any advantage in the eventual split-up?
          AIUI (IANAL etc) it doesn't matter any more to the settlement who is at fault. A no-fault divorce is virtually impossible to contest (after all if one party says the marriage is over, then it is). An uncontested "fault" divorce can be quicker, though: for no-fault, 2 years separation is needed.

She needs real advice.
          God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
            ...but thats because I've already chalked most of you blokes off as utter tossers.. .
            Tossing is good fer yeh! I've been doing it for years and look what a fine specimen I am.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
            X