• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent being ar$ey

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The agent just sent me another email, seems to have calmed, but I think this is cuz he wants me to send him the timesheets, but still thinks the new signed contract would be delayed till they make all the checks / paperwork .

I’ll send them the timesheet for last week as a good will, but if I didn’t receive the contract this week, I’ll stop sending them so that they don’t get paid.

Comment

Its too late to opt out as the contract has started, so you can only opt out at the end of it when you come to sign up for an extension.

Also, Im assuming they have already checked that you are who you say you are? If so, tell em to go get f8cked if they havent then thats just too bad for them as you have already started your contract.

They are playing games with you.

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
        The agent just sent me another email, seems to have calmed, but I think this is cuz he wants me to send him the timesheets, but still thinks the new signed contract would be delayed till they make all the checks / paperwork .

I’ll send them the timesheet for last week as a good will, but if I didn’t receive the contract this week, I’ll stop sending them so that they don’t get paid.
        As you are opted in, they have to pay you whether you send time sheets or not.

HTH.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

In the future opt-out to make pimp happy, get the gig then send a recorded delivery letter opting back in.

Comment

I always opt out. I've forgotten why.

In fact, I've forgotten what it is you opt out of. I'm sure it is just another way of wasting everyone's time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
              As you are opted in, they have to pay you whether you send time sheets or not.

HTH.

Yes but they don't get paid themselves if I don't send in the timesheets (I think)

Originally posted by wendigo100
              I always opt out. I've forgotten why.

In fact, I've forgotten what it is you opt out of. I'm sure it is just another way of wasting everyone's time..

Well its only for the extra security for getting paid, I had a bad experience where there two agencies involved (subcontracted the contract) one of the agancies was goign bust ( not the one I had the contract with) and they were refusing to pay me for the lat month of work, I threatened them with legal action and at the end they paid me, lucky I did this cuz the other contractors who were working with me just waited int he hope it will all be resolved - but at the end the middle agency did go bust and they got paid only half of what they were supposed to be getting at the end !!

Comment

They can delay payment while the investigate the missing pay BUT they cannot not pay you because you havent provided a time sheet.

As to what is a resonable amount of time...I guess thats going to be up to the courts to determine

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                  They can delay payment while the investigate the missing pay BUT they cannot not pay you because you havent provided a time sheet.

As to what is a resonable amount of time...I guess thats going to be up to the courts to determine

Mailman
                  What kept you?

Where is Denny when he is needed?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                    Where is Denny when he is needed?
                    she
                    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus
                      she
                      Have you been peeking spartacus?
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X