• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Spoilers] Game Of Thrones -Season Eight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    I've not been so disappointed since Lost season 6.
    Wait 'til you've seen the last 3 episodes.

This season and last has been like it's playing stuck in fast forward. The earlier seasons were so plodding with everyone on long journeys just travelling between various places. Now they just whizz about as if they'd discovered teleportation.

When editing the books for TV they just ripped out whole chapters on how various characters ate dinner. Not sure who is trolling who at this point.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

are we not doing this anymore . . .

last night's episode then

Dany going all Targeryn was welcomed but some of the supernatural powers on display left a lot to be desired

Mountain - you're not THAT hard to survive all those stabbings

Jaimie Lannister - stabbed twice and still managed to complete a marathon

and since when does fire explode centuries old stone buildings

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
        are we not doing this anymore . . .

last night's episode then

Dany going all Targeryn was welcomed but some of the supernatural powers on display left a lot to be desired

Mountain - you're not THAT hard to survive all those stabbings

Jaimie Lannister - stabbed twice and still managed to complete a marathon

and since when does fire explode centuries old stone buildings
        I enjoyed it but some of it annoyed me. Parking a large part of your army out in the open with a dragon on the lose. At least attack the other army so the dragon can't destroy you. Yep and the dragon has now had a power bump.

There was a green mist over the buildings, I think that links back to liquid fire, so perhaps that had something to do with the buildings burning.

The Jaimie finding his love bit at the end etc was so contrived. The mad sailor person being at the smuggling cove, contrived.

But saying all that, still enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          I enjoyed it but some of it annoyed me. Parking a large part of your army out in the open with a dragon on the lose. At least attack the other army so the dragon can't destroy you. Yep and the dragon has now had a power bump.

There was a green mist over the buildings, I think that links back to liquid fire, so perhaps that had something to do with the buildings burning.

The Jaimie finding his love bit at the end etc was so contrived. The mad sailor person being at the smuggling cove, contrived.

But saying all that, still enjoyed it.
          yeah still best thing on TV in forever, just would like more surprise elements like they had in earlier seasons

was expecting Greyworm to turn around and spear Jon at one point, guess they're saving that for next week

think they could have given Arya a notable kill rather than just running around like a little girl again, but maybe its a setup for the finale

Comment

Didn't Arya have one name wish left on her coin? I've only just started watching this by binge watching and wondered if she had used them all up and I'd missed it or summat else

Comment

Best episode in this season by far. Still room for improvement. Agree with the contrived bits mentioned above. Arya's sneak attack was shown deliberately to set her up to assassinate Dany. Sansa might become queen? Surely Jon will go back to Nights watch.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                Best episode in this season by far. Still room for improvement. Agree with the contrived bits mentioned above. Arya's sneak attack was shown deliberately to set her up to assassinate Dany. Sansa might become queen? Surely Jon will go back to Nights watch.
                there's isn't nights watch left is there?

and even if there was what's their purpose, the North is now allied with the Free Folk and the Knight King & his merry band of dead are no longer

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  Yes. Sansa for Queen.

Comment

OK. So next weeks is last episode ever then?

So does Jon finally find his balls and kick off about Dannys nutter attack? Who knows....

And Bran? That story seems to have come to a bit of a dead end. Is that it for him then?
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      OK. So next weeks is last episode ever then?

So does Jon finally find his balls and kick off about Dannys nutter attack? Who knows....

And Bran? That story seems to have come to a bit of a dead end. Is that it for him then?
                      there was a theory that the white horse at the end was actually Bran doing his 3 eyed raven biit

Comment

Working...
                      X