• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What one's Avatar Conveys

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    And I would never have described your avatar as a grumpy old tramp Bogey...

He looks more like a wise old fella, in black and white...which could mean your stuck in the past? Or have rugged good looks (as black and white photos are always more flatterring).

francko's would be -
    macho
    mysterious
    hidden (depths perhaps? Or just a big beard?)
    I am the law.

I just remember that at the age of 7 I had already decided who had to go to Heaven, who to the Purgatory and who to Hell, all drawn in a piece of paper that I was so happy to show to my teacher (not that she was so happy about it - I thought I was actually quite lenient to put her in the Purgatory and give her some hope).
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

In my case I chose an appropriate nickname and then just found an avatar to match (although I did get that wrong first time).

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
        And I would never have described your avatar as a grumpy old tramp Bogey...

He looks more like a wise old fella, in black and white...
        My avatar was well known to me in my childhood. His name was Amos. He was a local 'character', a nice (if somewhat eccentric) chap, and totally harmless. He worked as a shepherd mostly, and sometimes on the coal lorries.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Well that shows what I know then
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Hmmm there are far too many people from Oxford here, first me , then Vectraman then bogeyman !! I know Vectra is from Banbury, what about you bogey?? are you from oxford centre?

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
              ... a grumpy, smelly old tramp
              That just about describes me in real life.
              Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Nihilism. in my case?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
                  My avatar was well known to me in my childhood. His name was Amos. He was a local 'character', a nice (if somewhat eccentric) chap, and totally harmless. He worked as a shepherd mostly, and sometimes on the coal lorries.
                  That's not you? He does have that "Oxford" look.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

here's one for SASguru affix to your manbag
                    Last edited by Numptycorner; 27 December 2006, 20:50.
                    I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

People with no avatars clearly just dont want to share too much of themselves
                      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X