• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alex Salmond to continue to host weekly RT programme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    Next one should be enough
    Shame you don't have a real answer to the hard border with England.

You really are just like Brexiteers. Reality is of no interest to you.

Comment

Independence isn't about 1 man, 1 woman or 1 party. The Yes grassroots movement is bigger than that.
      ??? Did I say anything about independence? Or was I talking about a political party that propped up and enabled an (alleged) molester of women? A party that is going to end up depending for their budget on a 24-year-old numpty from the Greens who doesn't know the first thing about the last century of history and whose defense is simply that he's a 24-year-old who tweets like a 24-year-old. Responsible government at its finest.

But of course, there will always be a lot who only care about their nationalist propaganda and will vote for any party that they think will help them get what they want. Always nice to see them show up.

If you ever do win a referendum to leave the UK, will you support the right of the Orkneys and Shetland (and all the oil and gas that goes with them) to self-determination and to stay in the UK? Will you campaign for a People's Vote once it becomes clear that the Holyrood Government doesn't have a clue how to manage the departure and can't arrive at a good deal with Westminster?

Just wondering.

Comment

We are the majority. Don't believe me? Push for a second independence referendum to find out
        Bulltulip.

Comment

There is little little chance Scotland would go independent. extremely low.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Shame you don't have a real answer to the hard border with England.

You really are just like Brexiteers. Reality is of no interest to you.
            In 2014 the unionist parties said they would put border guards there if we became independent.

It's the UK government that said they can do it ok in Ireland so the same would go for Scotland/England, no?

Personally, I don't have a problem with a hard border because that's what the Brexiteers want, control of your borders?

We'll have all our medicines and food coming in from the EU through Scottish ports so we wouldn't want to make it easy for you to nip up and stock up

Comment

In 2014 the unionist parties said they would put border guards there if we became independent.

It's the UK government that said they can do it ok in Ireland so the same would go for Scotland/England, no?

Personally, I don't have a problem with a hard border because that's what the Brexiteers want, control of your borders?

We'll have all our medicines and food coming in from the EU through Scottish ports so we wouldn't want to make it easy for you to nip up and stock up
              Bulltulip.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                ??? Did I say anything about independence? Or was I talking about a political party that propped up and enabled an (alleged) molester of women? A party that is going to end up depending for their budget on a 24-year-old numpty from the Greens who doesn't know the first thing about the last century of history and whose defense is simply that he's a 24-year-old who tweets like a 24-year-old. Responsible government at its finest.

But of course, there will always be a lot who only care about their nationalist propaganda and will vote for any party that they think will help them get what they want. Always nice to see them show up.

If you ever do win a referendum to leave the UK, will you support the right of the Orkneys and Shetland (and all the oil and gas that goes with them) to self-determination and to stay in the UK? Will you campaign for a People's Vote once it becomes clear that the Holyrood Government doesn't have a clue how to manage the departure and can't arrive at a good deal with Westminster?

Just wondering.
                He was right about Churchill. Only the British Nationalist Empire builders deny it.

I support everyone's right to self-determination. Even if Orkney (it's not THE Orkneys, btw) and Shetland went independent (they don't want to be in the UK and out of the EU, they would prefer to be Norwegian than that), Scotland has enough natural resources to survive ok.

I think most sane people would recognise that the people who can't handle a departure are the UK government. It's been a total shambles and the only politicians showing any degree of maturity is the SNP.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  There is little little chance Scotland would go independent. extremely low.
                  Tick, Tock

Comment

Have you considered integrated cross border manufacturing supply chains?

Comment

Tick, Tock

There is next to no chance what you want will transpire.

Comment

Working...
                      X