• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Homosexuality "immoral".

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I guess we will start deporting anyone who follows islam then ... oh no, we can't, as that would be 'islamacist'... oh well, sorry gay people, they are more dangerous than you, so you lose... bye bye ..."

John Reid, no consultation needed.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
      I thought being homophobic was against the law.

In any case you dont have to break the law to get a visit from the police you have to be suspected of breaking the law. Then the police report and the CPS decide if you are likley to have broken the law, then the courts decide if you have.

So just becuase you didnt break the law doesnt mean the cops cant talk to you.
      I think if you read the original report, you'll find that they didn't put any posters up, or publicly express any opinion about homosexuality, what they did was complain to the council about the council spending ratepayers money on printing posters promoting homosexual rights. For this they were accused of homophobia, and subjected to several hours of interrogation and threatened with arrest and prosecution by the police. The impression that was given at the time was that the police attempted to terrorise them into submission. I think you'll find that that's why they ended up being awarded damages.
      Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Working...
      X