• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

English Trifle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyDown
    Lucy is your idea of a home made trifle (from scratch) is to go and buy a swiss role or sponge fingers?? Why aren't you getting on with the hair washing and packing anyway ...

Have a fantastic holiday in NZ - lucky you

I would make the swiss roll if I had loads of time, I always buy the biscuits.

About to go and do all that, don't feel very inspired, car is coming at 6, so I have a bit of time...

Thanks, you have a good holiday too.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
      Am attempting to make a home made trifle - from scratch, just started making the sponge (practiced sponge for the last couple of weeks) which fruits should I include? thinking of berries (going to visit Tescos in a mo ) do you think the trifle should be topped with custard or whipped cream or both?? I prefer cream - I also attempted to make a good egg custard but failed (don't like the flour based custard or the one from the cartons) !! I think will stick with cream??
      Marks and Spencer do a good custard which would be good for trifles.

Otherwise, it's egg yolks beaten, sugar and cream and vanilla extract with a little cornflower for thickening.

Comment

Just went to Tesco - Jesus it was like war, took me for ever to get a parking space, I was going to park at one space when driver went away but another driver cut me off and started shouting and iffing - just said happy Xmas to you too !!! the queues for the cash till were soooo long !!!

Comment

eeek, christmas grocery shopping....

The only shops I will see today will be at the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
            eeek, christmas grocery shopping....

The only shops I will see today will be at the airport.
            And tomorrow, and the day after that!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              And tomorrow, and the day after that!

No. My flight will leave as scheduled.

Comment

Got an e-mail from a mate earlier who is having xmas in the Caribbean. I was taking the P about being stuck in the airport. He says he was delayed by about 45 mins taking off, but arrived at his destination 5 mins early.

Its sunny and warm where he is.

BASTARD!
                Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
                X