• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting and divorce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Do you have your eye on any other motors? Is there a sexy new jag which is making you think your old banger just isn't worth the tax anymore?
    No and my vehicle chassis is first class!!! It's just that the on board computer is not working properly. I believe it's a defect in the original part, but the warranty has expired and I can't get it fixed. All I get when I try to communicate is "syserror"
    Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Originally posted by To BI or not to BI?
      No and my vehicle chassis is first class!!! It's just that the on board computer is not working properly. I believe it's a defect in the original part, but the warranty has expired and I can't get it fixed. All I get when I try to communicate is "syserror"

Yep - sounds like buyers error to me. You got too excited by the look of it, and didn't spend enough time studying the manual.

Tsk tsk.

Best thing to do in my opinion is to pay someone to steal it for you. That way you get it off your hands, and dont get in trouble financially!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Yep - sounds like buyers error to me. You got too excited by the look of it, and didn't spend enough time studying the manual.

Tsk tsk.

Best thing to do in my opinion is to pay someone to steal it for you. That way you get it off your hands, and dont get in trouble financially!
        You know what, SA, you are right! Not sure I could arrange for a theft, though, sounds a bit too cynical to me, and anyway, sometimes stolen vehicles do get recovered, and then you are left having to deal with the damage.... No, it'd probably be better to organise a proper end of lease (which, I imagine will include some sort of penalty for ending the lease earlier than agreed)
        Carpe Pactum

Comment

You know what, SA, you are right! Not sure I could arrange for a theft, though, sounds a bit too cynical to me, and anyway, sometimes stolen vehicles do get recovered, and then you are left having to deal with the damage.... No, it'd probably be better to organise a proper end of lease (which, I imagine will include some sort of penalty for ending the lease earlier than agreed)

Can't you just take it to one of those motor parties where fellas take each others motors for test rides and stuff?
          See if theres a mutual swap that you'd be interested in?

EDIT: Or (to stop with the car talk) get her really pissed, arrange for some of your better looking or charming mates to come round, let her get herself into trouble, and then storm out in a blame free manor?
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Can't you just take it to one of those motor parties where fellas take each others motors for test rides and stuff?
            See if theres a mutual swap that you'd be interested in?

EDIT: Or (to stop with the car talk) get her really pissed, arrange for some of your better looking or charming mates to come round, let her get herself into trouble, and then storm out in a blame free manor?
            Or maybe we both should have come to the CUK get together in London

And, in reply to your edit: it's simply not possible to find somebody better looking or more charming than me (well, that's what my mum says and I stick to it)
            Carpe Pactum

Comment

Or maybe we both should have come to the CUK get together in London

And, in reply to your edit: it's simply not possible to find somebody better looking or more charming than me (well, that's what my mum says and I stick to it)

Yes you should have!!!

And yes, I'm sure you're right

Anyway - my eye spy was Pub In 5 Minutes - so I have to sign off.

Its the Xmas quiz WITH MULTIPLE RAFFLES!!!!! tonight at our local, so I'm mega excited

have a great night honey x x
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Yes you should have!!!

And yes, I'm sure you're right

Anyway - my eye spy was Pub In 5 Minutes - so I have to sign off.

Its the Xmas quiz WITH MULTIPLE RAFFLES!!!!! tonight at our local, so I'm mega excited

have a great night honey x x
                Enjoy and good luck with the quiz
                Carpe Pactum

Comment

Enjoy and good luck with the quiz

yeah, there were no raffles It was a rouse to get more people in, feckers!

Good night though
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

yeah, there were no raffles It was a rouse to get more people in, feckers!

Good night though
                    So I take it you didn't come first, eh?
                    Carpe Pactum

Comment

So I take it you didn't come first, eh?

oooh - that was quick! I didn't expect any reply!

No we didn't win, but we did do staggerringly well for a change. me and dave beat a regular team of 20
                      Came 3rd really (although 3 teams came 2nd)

ha ha ha - listening to the GLC's "Your mothers got a penis" now - very funny
                      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X