• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bald face lies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucy
    Thanks Sal.

I know you are right, I just live on my own planet expecting people to have integrity in the workplace.

Bought a packet of Bourbons at tesco I was so depressed afterwards

Ha ha ha - that Bourbon road is a slippery one mind
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
      Dilbert's Law...
      And haven't I seen that proved so many times.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
        Ha ha ha - that Bourbon road is a slippery one mind

I know, I've just forgone my dinner to have more

Comment

I know, I've just forgone my dinner to have more

I've moved on from Bourbons now - I've discovered Port, in a big way!! And it's a xmas drink, so I find that people dont judge me when I'm drinking it before noon
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

I've moved on from Bourbons now - I've discovered Port, in a big way!! And it's a xmas drink, so I find that people dont judge me when I'm drinking it before noon
            Port & brandy, the ultimate! Singers swear by port when yer throats knackered after a gig, works for me anyway.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
              Port & brandy, the ultimate! Singers swear by port when yer throats knackered after a gig, works for me anyway.

Ooh - I've got some brandy in aswell. Do they go in equal measures? or do you use the port as a mixer? (This could get messy)
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

I'm in a meeting with my manager, just me and him. He tells me some right wopping porkies, due to him trying to hide his incompetence, and, or stupidity. The outcome is I have a very tight deadline for a piece of work ISUC consultants were meant to do, and now for some reason are not. (Boss lied to say it was mine to do from the outset, I have several emails, notes and memories of conversations to say otherwise). He, in the same meeting also lied about something else, smaller, but still he lies.

Has anyone else been in this situation and what did you do ?
                On a serious note, you can't blame him too much as so many times is the whole system that often promotes incompetence and misbehaviour. I have seen so many climbing the corporate ladder through these skills. The key is in making it appear natural with no shame or self-dignity. That way you are regarded as a natural moron who would kill his mother for 5 quid, the dream of any stockholder. Now, if you indeed react to him in a very strong way you put yourself in the position of a psychopath (how can you hurt such vulnerable and sincere creature like a baby?) and they will shun you until the last day in the office.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Ooh - I've got some brandy in aswell. Do they go in equal measures? or do you use the port as a mixer? (This could get messy)
                  Double port to single brandy is the usual mix. Enjoy!
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

"Huh, you work for guru?"

Hi like that use of emoticons but surely Sasguru should just sign his name

What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
                      Double port to single brandy is the usual mix. Enjoy!

Oooh - thats got a nice kick to it....can someone turn off the fire
                      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X