• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aqa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheesh, expensive item, that aga

Originally posted by bogeyman
    I hate feckin AGAs!

Have had one (oil-fired) for 10 years and they are total tulipe to cook on.

Great for slow roasts and casseroles but rubbish for everything else. Try flash-frying steaks on a bloody AGA, or doing a decent stir-fry!

The house came with it, so I didn't have a choice, but after a year, I gave up and got a catering-quality, gas range cooker. The AGA still sulks in the corner, heating up the kitchen needlessly (I'd turn the fecker off but wife dries clothes on it!).

Never mind the bi-annual servicing costs (if you can get the AGA/Rayburn-approved c^nts to turn out in the first place) and the cost of the huge lake of oil the monster consumes in a year.

AGAs are more of a lifestyle statement than a cooking device. There are some pathetic souls who are so devoted to the AGA cult that they even make toast on it using a special £££ toasting accessory. Tossers!

AGAs to room 101 NOW!

The house came with it. That's some kind of sales offer, you've got to admit.......
    Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
      I hate feckin AGAs!

Have had one (oil-fired) for 10 years and they are total tulipe to cook on.

Great for slow roasts and casseroles but rubbish for everything else. Try flash-frying steaks on a bloody AGA, or doing a decent stir-fry!

The house came with it, so I didn't have a choice, but after a year, I gave up and got a catering-quality, gas range cooker. The AGA still sulks in the corner, heating up the kitchen needlessly (I'd turn the fecker off but wife dries clothes on it!).

Never mind the bi-annual servicing costs (if you can get the AGA/Rayburn-approved c^nts to turn out in the first place) and the cost of the huge lake of oil the monster consumes in a year.

AGAs are more of a lifestyle statement than a cooking device. There are some pathetic souls who are so devoted to the AGA cult that they even make toast on it using a special £££ toasting accessory. Tossers!

AGAs to room 101 NOW!

Yeah, I had one too that came with the house. Total waste of time for cooking unless you're into slow roasts. Too hot in the summer too because you can't turn the thing off ffs.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
        unless you're into slow roasts..

Must not reply to this! MUST...RESIST....
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
          Must not reply to this! MUST...RESIST....

doesn't do spit roasts...
          Me, me, me...

Comment

doesn't do spit roasts...
            Well then it's a clear waste of time - dispose of it immediately
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Well then it's a clear waste of time - dispose of it immediately
              Easier to dispose of the house, no forklift license.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Easier to dispose of the house, no forklift license.

Then dispose of the house, immediately!

Sorry, I'm in a stupid mood - WAY too much Xmas port getting drank over here tonight
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Then dispose of the house, immediately!

Sorry, I'm in a stupid mood - WAY too much Xmas port getting drank over here tonight
                  Oh the house is long gone. I rented a 6 bedroom farm in Suffolk, 40 acres of land (the hay paid for the rent so I lived there for free). Came with an Aga, it's own half submerged 18th century church and a private lake for fishing. Nobody told us about the 20,000 geese that arrived every year and didn't shut up all night. you could hear the noise 5 miles away. What was that about a shotgun license...
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                  X