• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Election in 2008 ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100
    How did he know?
    Not sure how he knew, he was one of these guys who was really into politics (including membership of Communist Party, Labour, Liberals but not all at once). He has probably been in the Conversative Party, UKIP and BNP by now.
    Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
      5) Blair defects to Conservatives
      Nobody would have him now, let alone them. Damaged goods.

He'll disappear onto the US lecture tour. They seem to like him over there.

Comment

"He'll disappear onto the US lecture tour. They seem to like him over there."

When I worked out there, they seemed suprised that I didn't like Blair - he is more popular out there than GW
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by ZZZZ Snoozer
          Hazel Blears apparently thinks so

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6220352.stm

My guess is that Labour will fight the next election (especially an early one) on a "give Gordon a chance, he's only been PM for a short time" platform. Oh, and there plenty of people out there stupid enough to be taken in.
          It's more likely a deliberate plant to get Cameron to expedite his policies so liebour can quickly encorporate them into their proposed manifesto thus weakening Cameron's attack against liebour or leaving him no choice but to take the traditional (and proven unsuccessful in rallying the critical swing voters needed) "nasty Tories" agenda.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

My guess is that Labour will fight the next election (especially an early one) on a "give Gordon a chance, he's only been PM for a short time" platform. Oh, and there plenty of people out there stupid enough to be taken in.
            Do you reckon just before the election they will trot out more stories about browns retarded kid for the sympathy vote?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
              Do you reckon just before the election they will trot out more stories about browns retarded kid for the sympathy vote?

Mailman
              Possibly. But what about Cameron's crippled kid? (in a non PC slightly alliterative mood there

Politico's having disabled kids is so Noughties!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                "He'll disappear onto the US lecture tour. They seem to like him over there."

When I worked out there, they seemed suprised that I didn't like Blair - he is more popular out there than GW
                Much to my delight I do recall reading in the US press that Blair is now viewed as being a Loser - the ultimate social stigma in the US - due to his reckless involvment in Vietnam2 - sorry Iraq.

Alas Tony - had you read my earlier warnings you would have never have been so foolhardy ...

Apparently his fees for the lecture tour (and I predicted this was his game plan years ago) are set to fall by 50 per cent or more - nobody in the US wants to listen to a loser.

So he might well end up as our next Tory PM.

He does have a large mortgage to pay.

Poor Sod.

You read it here first - and before you laugh the Pruffock Almanack has already predicted the demise of Rumsfield...
                Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 8 December 2006, 16:57.

Comment

It is not usual to call the general election early unless the government are struggling with a small majority.

As others in this thread have said, it might happen as soon as Gordo becomes PM (and he will) on the subtext of giving the new PM a mandate (if they think that the economy is about to go tits up and he'll try and get the election out of the way before that happens), otherwise I can see them waiting the maximum time allowed - May 2010.

As far as I can see, those are the two options. We will not get a General Election in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                    I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm not sure whether the "stable economy" will hold up until 2010, but then we on here hoped it would be visibly creaking by now.
                    Typo corrected.

Comment

Working...
                    X