• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone actually claimed for PPI yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Just got me cheque for 3.8k and lo and behold, they said I never paid PPI on a loan, but when checking a credit card there some's money on one of those from back in the day, another 18 quid.

On that basis I'm going to do Barclays next because you never know, while the missus Natwest I am also still yet to do.
    Weirdly, just had another letter from Lloyds. They had previously written and said never had PPI on a loan, but another department has written to say oh you did have a loan sometime back in the 1990s and it had some PPI on it of about £600, so here's your £600 quid back plus £1600 in interest/compensation. So another cheque for £2200 on it's way.

£6k in total.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Sharkleycard

I have a claim with Sharkleys for a Visa card that had an average balance of 10k for about 7 years until I paid it off. The card was opened 26 years ago. They originally refused in 2013 and had a photo copy of the arrangement with what looks like a stamped tick in the PPI box. Last year I reopened it as it turns out that because I was a student I could never have claimed on the PPI anyway. They have been stalling since then and I've just phoned up today to find out they closed the complaint when they rejected the PPI commission claim they wrote to me about.

Personally I think one of the head lizards at Sharkleys has realised it will be a nice chunk of change.

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
        I have a claim with Sharkleys for a Visa card that had an average balance of 10k for about 7 years until I paid it off. The card was opened 26 years ago. They originally refused in 2013 and had a photo copy of the arrangement with what looks like a stamped tick in the PPI box. Last year I reopened it as it turns out that because I was a student I could never have claimed on the PPI anyway. They have been stalling since then and I've just phoned up today to find out they closed the complaint when they rejected the PPI commission claim they wrote to me about.

Personally I think one of the head lizards at Sharkleys has realised it will be a nice chunk of change.
        FCA methinks. Sounds like it could be a lot.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just had a letter from Lloyds about my PPI claim on a car loan from back in the 90's offering me £2.5K including interest/compensation.

Not a bad result for 5 minutes form filling.

Just waiting on Halifax now.
          Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
            Just had a letter from Lloyds about my PPI claim on a car loan from back in the 90's offering me £2.5K including interest/compensation.

It's true.

For anyone on here who has not put aside few minutes to fill in the forms then do it - it's free money.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Then wait six months and hit them under GDPR for not deleting your info.

Chortle!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post

What reason did you put in your claim ? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
                  What reason did you put in your claim ? Asking for a friend.
                  If you do a bit of googling you can find some template letters giving you an idea of what sort of thing to put down as your reasons for a claim (pushy salesperson, not asking you about medical conditions etc, even if you had none, not being told it was optional etc.)

I went through a large process of reclaiming about 5 years ago. I knew that I had never willingly asked for PPI on anything as I never believed it would pay out anyway, but that did not prevent the barstewards adding it on anyway.

I basically had little or no paperwork but just blagged it essentially.
                  I would send an initial letter outlining my belief that they had missold me the policies.

There was a distinct pattern to their responses. First you would get a letter apologizing and stating that they were carrying out a full investigation.
                  This would include a long-winded claim form asking for all sorts of nonsense.

I prepared a follow-up response telling them that I had no intention of wasting my time filling in their form and reminding them that they had my reasoning clearly outlined in my initial letter for their reference.

In most cases they just folded and coughed up huge chunks of dough. Over £30K all in at the last count.
                  A few sent me paperwork proving that I had never had PPI in the first place, which was fair enough.

A couple played hardball and suggested that I contact the Ombudsman as they did not believe they were culpable. I lost one (which was only for about £160) and won the other which was for considerably more.

My advice is go for it yourself and don't waste your time using third parties as they will just take a wedge of your dosh for doing very little.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I never had to borrow anything (apart from a small mortgage), so no PPI for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      I never had to borrow anything (apart from a small mortgage), so no PPI for me.
                      My issue as well
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X