• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England out of the world cup...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England out of the world cup...

Already...

Mr Johnson said that if it emerged Russia was linked to the incident in Salisbury "it would be very difficult to imagine" that UK representation at this summer's football World Cup could go ahead in the "normal way".
    Russian spy: Boris Johnson warns Kremlin over Salisbury incident - BBC News

I wonder how many other countries will do the same. I wondered what the neocon plan to torpedo the world cup in Russia would be and it seems to have arrived.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Any excuse to avoid penalties with Germany.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Non issue. We would only have been there for a week max. I have been on longer stag dos.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
        Non issue. We would only have been there for a week max. I have been on longer stag dos.
        Nah our games are spread over ten days....

so we can stay at least that long.

Comment

They will not put their money where their mouth is. Even if the Russians are proven to have done this our response will be a spineless token at best. Don't expect anything else from The Maybot.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

You cynics.

Russia has barely recovered from our robust reaction to the murder of Alexander Litvinenko. I don't for a second doubt Boris will have them groveling in the dirt by the time the World Cup comes around.
            </daily mail>.

Comment

Spy's get killed - what's the story here ?

I'm sure we do exactly the same

If I wanted to get sanctions or actions against Russia - i would

1. Poison a double agent (no accident fire or car crash - poison so everyone knows)

2. Gas some citizens and blame the Russians

Job done, feet up and watch

Comment

Boris Johnson has told the Commons "it would be very difficult to imagine" that UK representation at this summer's World Cup could go ahead in the "normal way" in the event of any evidence of Russian involvement in the collapse of former spy Sergei Skripal."

Or at least that's how it appeared, until Johnson's "aides" - those who trail him around clearing up the mess, like the keeper to the elephant in the Blue Peter studio - clarified he was referring to "officials" and not the England team.

“He was trying to show the range of hard and soft power available to show our international displeasure,” the source said, suggesting a rather greater deal of thought behind the announcement than had initially been applied.

"It really would save a lot of time and hassle if Boris preceded every Commons appearance, media interview and memo by saying: 'Please take none of this seriously until my aides have confirmed if I meant to say it'."
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Bozo and Trump. When is the circus leaving town.

Politicians need to avoid making sport political. Sport is more important than they are and history will remember it that way too.

If Russia really want to stop countries turning up they just need to drug test all the players.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Uk will respond robustly:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...a-poisoned-spy

I suppose we can expect the same robust action from the Uk government as after the shooting down by Russia of MH17 where 10 British citizen died and the assassination by Russia of Litvinenko on British soil

Comment

Working...
                    X