• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No escaping the Russians

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just in case anyone is still following the story that the BBC seems to have dropped. Worth a full read:

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archi...-and-knockers/

Two questions arise. How credible is the British government’s possession of a Russian secret training manual for using novichok agents, and how credible is it that the Skripals were poisoned by their doorknob.

To take the second question first, I see major problems with the notion that the Skripals were poisoned by their doorknob.

The first is this. After what Dame Sally Davis, Chief Medical officer for England, called “rigorous scientific analysis” of the substance used on the Skripals, the government advised those who may have been in contact to wash their clothes and wipe surfaces with warm water and wet wipes. Suspect locations were hosed down by the fire brigade.

But if the substance was in a form that could be washed away, why was it placed on an external door knob? It was in point of fact raining heavily in Salisbury that day, and indeed had been for some time.

Can somebody explain to me the scenario in which two people both touch the exterior door handle in exiting and closing the door? And if it transferred from one to the other, why did it not also transfer to the doctor who gave extensive aid that brought her in close bodily contact, including with fluids?

The second problem is that the Novichok family of nerve agents are instant acting. There is no such thing as a delayed reaction nerve agent. Remember we have been specifically told by Theresa May that this nerve agent is up to ten times more powerful than VX, the Porton Down developed nerve agent that killed Kim’s brother in 15 minutes.

But if it was on the doorknob, the last contact they could possibly have had with the nerve agent was a full three hours before it took effect. Not only that, they were well enough to drive, to walk around a shopping centre, visit a pub, and then – and this is the truly unbelievable bit – their central nervous systems felt in such good fettle, and their digestive systems so in balance, they were able to sit down and eat a full restaurant meal. Only after all that were they – both at precisely the same time despite their substantially different weights – suddenly struck down by the nerve agent, which went from no effects at all, to deadly, on an alarm clock basis.

Comment

That Craig seems to be a knob

Comment

Documents reveal Salisbury suspects have links to Russian defence ministry

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-links-defence

False flag attack eh? Fake poison?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Documents reveal Salisbury suspects have links to Russian defence ministry

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-links-defence

False flag attack eh? Fake poison?
          If the information is correct about the passports, that means the Russian database has been hacked by a UK civilian. I would take that with a pinch of salt.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            If the information is correct about the passports, that means the Russian database has been hacked by a UK civilian. I would take that with a pinch of salt.
            You can buy this data in Russia, very corrupt country - copying whole DB would require hacking, but buying access to individual known passport numbers can’t cost too much

The real nuance is that it is now clear they were part of Russian MoD (GRU), so using banned chemical warfare on UK territory is act of war
            Last edited by AtW; 15 September 2018, 19:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
              Just in case anyone is still following the story that the BBC seems to have dropped. Worth a full read:

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archi...-and-knockers/

[I]Two questions arise. How credible is the British government’s possession of a Russian secret training manual for using novichok agents, and how credible is it that the Skripals were poisoned by their doorknob.

To take the second question first, I see major problems with the notion that the Skripals were poisoned by their doorknob.

:::

The second problem is that the Novichok family of nerve agents are instant acting. There is no such thing as a delayed reaction nerve agent. Remember we have been specifically told by Theresa May that this nerve agent is up to ten times more powerful than VX, the Porton Down developed nerve agent that killed Kim’s brother in 15 minutes.

But if it was on the doorknob, the last contact they could possibly have had with the nerve agent was a full three hours before it took effect. Not only that, they were well enough to drive, to walk around a shopping centre, visit a pub, and then – and this is the truly unbelievable bit – their central nervous systems felt in such good fettle, and their digestive systems so in balance, they were able to sit down and eat a full restaurant meal. Only after all that were they – both at precisely the same time despite their substantially different weights – suddenly struck down by the nerve agent, which went from no effects at all, to deadly, on an alarm clock basis.
              It must be quite possible to manufacture a colloid of tiny wax balls containing the novichok, so it's effects would be delayed until the wax had melted, which would take about the same time as both victims had the same body temperature, regardless of their weights.

And how does this guy know they were both suddenly affected at exactly the same time "on an alarm clock basis"? If the daughter had turned up, it's quite on the cards her father would have helped carry in her suitcases or something, and so quite plausible that both touched the front door within a minute or two of each other.

Nah, I reckon now it obviously was the Russkies. I mean when enough evidence stacks up, including TV appearances by the perps themselves, there comes a point where healthy skepticism becomes cranky contrarianism.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It was obvious from day one who did it and why

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  It must be quite possible to manufacture a colloid of tiny wax balls containing the novichok, so it's effects would be delayed until the wax had melted, which would take about the same time as both victims had the same body temperature, regardless of their weights.

And how does this guy know they were both suddenly affected at exactly the same time "on an alarm clock basis"? If the daughter had turned up, it's quite on the cards her father would have helped carry in her suitcases or something, and so quite plausible that both touched the front door within a minute or two of each other.

Nah, I reckon now it obviously was the Russkies. I mean when enough evidence stacks up, including TV appearances by the perps themselves, there comes a point where healthy skepticism becomes cranky contrarianism.
                  I still don't buy it. Whilst the Russian government are perfectly capable of this kind of thing as we saw with Litvenyenko I think if they did do it the target would be brown bread - just him, no daughter or random smackheads, very few traces or smoking guns or easy to track evidence.

The timing of all this with what's happening in Syria is fishy as well, it seems that as soon as Assad/Russia start making more gains this starts making headlines again. Who benefits from this novichok business? Certainly not Russia by looks of things:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...r-skripal-case

While US sanctions on Russia are hardly new, what is surprising this time is that the new round will include not only defense procurement and aid, but also target the country's increasingly unstable banking sector. Quote Sing: "It’s going to include banking sanctions, prohibition on procurement of defense articles, aid money -- it’s a laundry list of items that will penalize the Russian government."
                  All to not kill the intended target.

For those not following what's happening in Syria - the Assad government with Russia and Iran are mounting an assault on Idlib, the last rebel stronghold, the US has warned them not to and have been pre-emotively stating that another gas attack will be met with a US strike on Assad forces and Russians if they back Assad. The Russians have been reporting intel on preparations for another 'false flag' attack for the last couple of weeks:

https://www.rt.com/news/438282-white...mical-attacks/

https://www.rt.com/news/438537-syria...orine-bsanqul/

https://www.rt.com/news/438328-destr...mahawks-syria/

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/438400-idli...rorists-syria/

And finally:

https://www.rt.com/usa/438324-nikki-haley-syria-idlib/

Any attack on Syria’s Idlib province is going to be “dealt with,” US ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley warned, as Washington seeks to stop the Russian-backed Syrian army from retaking the last remaining jihadist stronghold.

The US has struck Syria twice after claims of chemical weapons use by the government in Damascus, Haley said on Wednesday in a Fox News interview.

“Don’t test us again,” she said, addressing the Syrian government and its allies Russia and Iran.

Washington and its allies have also warned Syria that they will act not just in case of chemical weapons being used, but against any attack on the province, the US envoy to the UN said.

“Any offensive on the civilian people in Idlib was going to be dealt with,” Haley told Fox News’ Bret Baier.
                  All RT and ZH links I know but this isn't being reported very widely as far as I can (be bothered to look) see from our MSM...

So I'm looking at it all in wider context and not wanting to take any particular side I just want it all to stop TBH. If our side could actually be acting out of the greater good not be throwing stones from a glass house - that would be great.
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Was this Novichok false flag attack or not?

Do you believe Russian TV interview of official suspects being innocent?

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      I still don't buy it.
                      Yes yes we know. It's because you're one of CUK's village idiots.

HTH, BIDI, TSLITH
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X