• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

o2 - named and shamed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Nah. That nasty King John was the worst... lost his baggage in the Wash...

I bet she was annoyed.
    I lose socks in the wash, where do they go?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
      I lose socks in the wash, where do they go?
      Everybody knows that the combination of socks and washing machines creates a disturbance in the space-time relationship, with consequent openings of wormholes, the disappearance of (usually) one sock for each pair you put in and the occasional ticklish feeling to the back of your head (or is it just me?)
      Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Originally posted by To BI or not to BI?
        Everybody knows that the combination of socks and washing machines creates a disturbance in the space-time relationship, with consequent openings of wormholes, the disappearance of (usually) one sock for each pair you put in and the occasional ticklish feeling to the back of your head (or is it just me?)
        It seems reasonable, but raises the question, do these parallel universe theives have one leg, or is it just fashionable to wear odd socks, or possibly it's all part of a blackmail plot?
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
          It seems reasonable, but raises the question, do these parallel universe theives have one leg, or is it just fashionable to wear odd socks, or possibly it's all part of a blackmail plot?
          Well, if you think about it, if a sock has to go through a wormhole, chances are it will be pulled apart in every and each atom it consists of, and then it'll be put back together at the other end. As every self-respecting (or should I say self styled pagan atheist) scientist knows, this process always ends with something going wrong. Also, current custom restrictions prevent coupled socks to travel together (unless they fall inside and outside IR35 at the same time) so people on the other end jsut have to got used to wear unmatched socks.
          Carpe Pactum

Comment

I'd say that you were best out of it. I would never work for them again. Glad I'm out of it.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
              I'd say that you were best out of it. I would never work for them again. Glad I'm out of it.
              I agree, and in outer space nobody can hear you scream
              Carpe Pactum

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish

Thanks Tony - I think you're probably right.
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                  It was the Slough site - aparently they just kicked Fujitsu off site and are now doing the project in house.
                  consider yourself very lucky they didn't offer you the job.

Slough is the pitts and the people are miserable as ****.

Comment

Originally posted by pisces
                    consider yourself very lucky they didn't offer you the job.

Slough is the pitts and the people are miserable as ****.

Yeah but the rate was stupidly good - I could have paid people to smile for me!

Oh well...
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

SallyAnne: nearly all telecoms is like that now. When I were a lad, telecoms was a proper engineering job with guys who had beards wore tanktops and sandals. Who knew how to joint a 1000 quad cable, smoke a pipe and listen to the cricket on radio 4 whilst discussing the finer points of todays page 3 girl, all at the same time. Now it is full of spotty hair gelled monkies who would find fitting a wall socket a challenge, if they knew what one was.

I always ask for a much higher rate on telecoms jobs, 'cause they invariably are an utter pain in the arris.
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X