• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    “Retail shareholders in the US are piling into stocks of bankrupt companies in a sign of the speculative investment wave sweeping across the US market.

When the retail investor starts to view the market as a one-way bet it’s usually an alarm bell and that does seem to be happening,” said Paul Markham, global equities portfolio manager for Newton Investment Management.”

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Yep, doomed

I read that one. Best line (although don't think this article, some other FT article), "On the stock market, Hertz had their best week since declaring bankruptcy."
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
      I have sold all my investments. Nice profit of 10k. Even made money on Centrica!

I'm still holding until August at least. Very much in profit at the moment... and I think the greater gains are to come.
      This no way reflects how I feel about the business, it is purely a technical trading opportunity.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
        Bold move, I can only assume the moon is not enough and you want Alpha Centauri so have gone all in on bit coin - yes?
        I just don't trust this market. I mostly speculated on the investments - bought in at the low and was never gonna hold long term. According to the buffett indicator the market is massively overvalued, so holding risky stocks at the moment isn't a good idea because if it crashes - they may never materialise into returns.

Comment

I have sold all my investments. Nice profit of 10k. Even made money on Centrica!
          Poopers sockie, mods!

Comment

I just don't trust this market. I mostly speculated on the investments - bought in at the low and was never gonna hold long term. According to the buffett indicator the market is massively overvalued, so holding risky stocks at the moment isn't a good idea because if it crashes - they may never materialise into returns.
            The market does not trust you too, buddy - you lack commitment needed to make it work long term.

Comment

Scooty reminds me of the punter who shows us his one winning betting slip.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Scooty reminds me of the punter who shows us his one valid hotel expense claim.
                FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Scooty reminds me of the punter who shows us his one winning betting slip.

Don't ask you to judge me on my winners, I ask you to judge me on my losers because I've had so few. Feel better about me now?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Don't ask you to judge me on my winners, I ask you to judge me on my losers because I've had so few. Feel better about me now?
                    I prefer to judge you on whether you keep your word - which you did not and even pretend as if it never happaned

Comment

Why Wall Street is addicted to Federal Reserve cash

Comment

Working...
                      X