• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello and and a whinge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyGarbs
    Hi All

Just a quick intro - SAS and SQL Experience, looking for first contract.

Right now to the whinge

I went for an interview last week all went well then a short maths test afterwards. No mention of this when the details came through so could not prepare.

Feedback came through today and everything went well apart from the maths test.

Now they are looking internally for someone to do the work!!!

I was venting my anger at my agency but luckily he understands me as well.

Just getting very frustrated now as this is the 3rd different interview I have had and all the feedback had been positive apart from 1 small matter each time.

I go in there 100% confident the job is mine and always agree to go to interviews that require my skills. This last one wanted skills that I have got even though they did not mention and job spec.

Is it worth putting my feet up and wait for January to come round to get a job ?

BTW brilliant website and forums

Andy

How would you prepare for a maths test?

Learn your times tables, or practise solving a few systems of differential equations?
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
      Do you have a virtual ASBO now?
      No but once a week, for three hours, I have to change my av to a bloke in a high vis vest and go round the forum picking up bits of virtual litter...
      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Failed a maths test. Guffaw.

Classic
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It was probably a statistics test. ...
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

What are the odds of that happening eh?

(please show your working and any assumptions you have made in your calculations)

Comment

Its just the fact that it wasn't mentioned to anyone.

If I would of know I would have done some preparation (H is very effective)

The questions that they asked was stuff I hadn't done in 18 years.

When you go to an exam they expect you to revise so why is this any different

An interview is like an exam
              Married

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs
                Its just the fact that it wasn't mentioned to anyone.

If I would of know I would have done some preparation (H is very effective)

The questions that they asked was stuff I hadn't done in 18 years.

When you go to an exam they expect you to revise so why is this any different

An interview is like an exam
                Look on the bright side. Would you want a customer who asked you stupid and irrelevant questions every time he wanted something done? I'd say you're well shot of them.
                If any potential client wanted me to sit an exam for them, I'd very seriously consider invoicing them for the time.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                  What are the odds of that happening eh?

(please show your working and any assumptions you have made in your calculations)
                  Basian of Frequentist?
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

What kind of questions were they ?

Any calculus ?

Post them if you can remember any and we'll see if the gaffawers can answer them ...

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                      Basian of Frequentist?
                      Bayesian.

HTH
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X