• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who I Met On The Tube Today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    "Certainly beat the only other famous person I've been in a tube with (David Blunkett!)"

Once got in a tube with Ken Livingstone and had a chat for a good 15 minutes about the up and coming general election(before they won). I told him that they had a snowballs chance in hell and would never win.

After the election I saw him being interviewed and he made a reference to our meeting when he described how he had met a sceptical voter on the tube who said they wouldnt win.
    That beats a Mr Motivator sighting

Comment

I once gave my tube seat to Kato from the Pink Panther films.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
        Though then again, I did get a mention on Watchdog many many moons ago about British Gas. They featured a story about a disabled women who had her gas cut off for non-payment and how outraged the husband was. There was a whole raft of different complaints. They apologised for cutting the chap and his wife off and said it had been a mistake and on part of a disgruntled ex-employee!!!

Disgrunted! Too right. He was the rudest most abusive guy ever. He was swearing and shouting down the phone to me. The guy was a stock broker and reckoned he new the then ceo. When he said to me 'You listen to me boy, I earn more in one day than you earn in a year!! When I talk you listen. UNDERSTAND!!!!', I wrote his account number down and on the day I left, had the c-nt cut off. He owed 3grand and if he was so rich he should have fckin paid it!!!!
        He was probably upset that he wasn't one of the whatever thousand accounts in TGB that never received a bill? I was always amazed at how calm the customer advisers were. I guess you get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor1
          He seemed a nice guy just like he was when on telly i.e still totally hyper, big smile on his face, it cant be natural. He gave me his 'Mr Motivator' business card before I had said I recognised him think he was testing the waters to see if people still remebered him. He said he lives in Jamica most of the year luck bugger.

Lucky bugger indeed - my brother landed a 2 year contract in Jamaica which he started 2 months ago. Spends his weekends in Montego Bay.

Grrrr
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

That's the one.

Comment

Working...
            X