• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Star Wars: The Last Jedi *****CONTAINS SPOILERS*****

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Some points to address the warblings of a vindictive Trekkie:
    Rey got Luke back in the fight or did you miss the last ten minutes?
    Rey got Ben to kill Snoke - similar to Vader killing Palpatine, no?
    Del Toro overheard Rose and Fin talking about cloaked ships. Duh.
    Mission to destroy the big gun was about Poe knowing when to stop.

I was really pleased that the porgs weren't a big feature like the Ewoks or *shudders* the Gungans.

Nice that Carrie's daughter was in her last film with her, although the Leia does Supergirl bit was a bit meh.
    Also, on "Mission to get a shield code breaker - failed, but stumbled upon another saviour in the same cell despite there only previously being one person known to have the required skills." - I thought we saw from his jacket at a later point (when swapping into imperial uniforms) that the guy they picked up was the expert codebreaker - they just mistakenly identified the wrong person initially.

Comment

I really enjoyed it.

My biggest beef is still the ongoing nonsense around the physics, particularly in space battles. Bombers, eh? You release the bombs and what happens then? They certainly shouldn't be suddenly propelled downwards. Why are virtually all the battles enacted in 2D? Why are all the ships the same way "up"? Why do the fighters always turn as if they are in an atmosphere? When the rebels were trying to escape, and they started to run out of fuel, why? I mean, in space, you'll keep going at the same speed and direction unless you apply more force - once you're at your "maximum speed", then fuel shouldn't be need to keep you at that speed.

But it was mostly the bombs. I mean, guys, that's just dorky.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
        Also, on "Mission to get a shield code breaker - failed, but stumbled upon another saviour in the same cell despite there only previously being one person known to have the required skills." - I thought we saw from his jacket at a later point (when swapping into imperial uniforms) that the guy they picked up was the expert codebreaker - they just mistakenly identified the wrong person initially.
        Really? Well they were too subtle for me to spot it, and I ain't paying to watch it again just to spot what else I may have missed first time around. Will wait for it to be 'free' viewing next year.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I really enjoyed it.

My biggest beef is still the ongoing nonsense around the physics, particularly in space battles. Bombers, eh? You release the bombs and what happens then? They certainly shouldn't be suddenly propelled downwards. Why are virtually all the battles enacted in 2D? Why are all the ships the same way "up"? Why do the fighters always turn as if they are in an atmosphere? When the rebels were trying to escape, and they started to run out of fuel, why? I mean, in space, you'll keep going at the same speed and direction unless you apply more force - once you're at your "maximum speed", then fuel shouldn't be need to keep you at that speed.

You see this is why I've always said star wars isn't a sci-fi. It's fantasy set in space. Suspend your belief while you're watching it and you'll enjoy it far more.

Comment

Oh crap I missed that. Going to have to go and watch it again to check.

I really enjoyed it.

If the bombs are in an artificial gravity and start on a downward trajectory (i.e. towards the dreadnaught) then surely they'd carry on in that direction, as per your point about maximum speed.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Now if after Luke had schooled Ren via the force projection and his "see you around kid" put down, Luke then raised his X-wing from the water (showing he was going to get back in the game physically) and they ended the movie there instead of him 'dying of tiredness' as some sad lonely hermit, then that would have been a fitting end to the movie, rather than some kid using the force to get his broom.
              Now this is very true but unfortunately depends what Mark had signed up for. Him reuniting Ben and Rey on the Jedi side in IX would have been good if they could get the script right for it.

Ben splattering Hux against the wall of his ship was also very pleasing.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Ben turning to the good side not long after killing his father wouldn't have fit the Disney narrative.

He must feel like a right manipulated bitch.

Misunderstood and almost murdered in the Academy. They didn't tell him about the killed in your sleep clause if you under perform when he entered the academy.

Manipulated by Snoke to kill his father to prove he was like Vader, despite Vader coming good in the end.

Manipulated by Snoke to 'mind meld' with Rey so Rey would come to him and therefore Snoke.

He's more cause to go full hermet and shun the force than Luke.

So now they've no more 'big bad' they'll have Ren go full nutjob so it's good vs evil.

All he needed was a good bj to get his prioritise back in order. Let himself be manipulated by women rather than the force, it's human nature.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Ben turning to the good side not long after killing his father wouldn't have fit the Disney narrative.

He must feel like a right manipulated bitch.

Misunderstood and almost murdered in the Academy. They didn't tell him about the killed in your sleep clause if you under perform when he entered the academy.

Manipulated by Snoke to kill his father to prove he was like Vader, despite Vader coming good in the end.

Manipulated by Snoke to 'mind meld' with Rey so Rey would come to him and therefore Snoke.

He's more cause to go full hermet and shun the force than Luke.

So now they've no more 'big bad' they'll have Ren go full nutjob so it's good vs evil.

All he needed was a good bj to get his prioritise back in order. Let himself be manipulated by women rather than the force, it's human nature.
                  Is there anything you want to talk about?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Is there anything you want to talk about?
                    Yes. Find me something to get excited about seeing episode 9 over the next two years.

Presuming it's due out December 2019 if they keep to the same schedule as the first two in the trilogy.

Han said it best: "I've got a bad feeling about this."

At least expectations will be low.

Comment

Yes. Find me something to get excited about seeing episode 9 over the next two years.

Presuming it's due out December 2019 if they keep to the same schedule as the first two in the trilogy.

Han said it best: "I've got a bad feeling about this."

At least expectations will be low.
                      Ah, that's okay then. It came across more that you were getting a complete ball-busting at home.

Comment

Working...
                      X