• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
    Ok, if you are sure. Although the guy in question was also using my monitor for a couple of months as I had neglected to collect it after leaving.
    No this was a new starter (contractor) who knew full well what he was doing and somehow hoped I wouldn't notice...
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

If found someone crawling around under MY desk, i'd break his arms.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Technically he was under the desk opposite me - which gave him full access to the back of my base unit.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

You can only break his arms by "accident" by giving him a good kicking for being under the desk.

I wear dresses and skirts so I would have so much fun if some idiot crawled under any desks.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            You can only break his arms by "accident" by giving him a good kicking for being under the desk.

I wear dresses and skirts so I would have so much fun if some idiot crawled under any desks.
            He'd be a burglar. i work from home

Comment

He'd be a burglar. i work from home
              Still needs to be an "accident" as you can only use reasonable force against burglars otherwise they will try and sue you.

Comment

Still needs to be an "accident" as you can only use reasonable force against burglars otherwise they will try and sue you.
                aye, well, - i'll worry about that after it happens.

Comment

aye, well, - i'll worry about that after it happens.
                  That's why so many people play cricket and have kids who play baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
                    Yeah, me too. I've been slowly introducing widescreen monitors onto my desk from home. I've gradually walled myself in. I'd recommend it.
                    No one snot fingers the keyboard I bring in from home...

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

That's why so many people play cricket and have kids who play baseball.
                      Or have a decent size torch 🔦

A family member was in a situation where someone broke in and there was a fight. The intruder was badly hurt.

The intruder was known to the police, had spent time in prison for injuring a police man. Anyway charges where brought against the family member and the intruder. Everyone agreed to drop charges.

This was a few years ago, hopefully things have changed but still sobering to think if someone breaks into your house you have to be careful and not hurt them.

Comment

Working...
                      X